A vacuum cleaner is something that we all need to use at home but there are always so many different options to choose from that it can be hard to know what to pick or which model is best suited to your needs.
AO recently sent me the Hoover Velocity Evo Reach VE02 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner worth £139, to try out at home. I have previously tried out a Dyson and a Shark at home so I was curious to see how the Hoover brand would compare to these two brands.
To really be able to try the Hoover Velocity Evo Reach VE02 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner I thought it would be a great idea to take to my in-laws when they had the girls over to stay recently. As they have a dog and we don’t, I felt like using the vacuum cleaner in this environment would really put it to the test.
The box contains the following:
- 1xVelocity Evo Bagless Upright Vacuum
- 2-in-1 dusting brush/ crevice nozzle
- Long crevice
The Hoover Velocity Evo Reach VE02 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Suitable for both carpets and wood flooring, this vacuum is perfect for all the floorings in your home giving the same performance throughout. The clever Intellicare technology protects your carpets, as the power output of the brush bar is reduced when the vacuum is stationary. The vacuum comes with a handy crevice tool for those hard to reach areas and a turbo tool for removing stubborn dirt and pet hairs.
- Bagless cleaning – easy to empty and no bags to buy
- Gives great results on both hard floors and carpets
- Special technology helps to protect carpet fibres
- Comes with a handy tool for corners and crevices
- Turbo Tool removes embedded dirt and pet hair
I was really interested in finding out what Nick’s parents thought of the vacuum when it came to picking up dog hairs. I, of course, gave it a test drive myself when we arrived to get a feel for how it manoeuvred around the home and tackled pet hair on the floor. Then I left it in the capable hands of Nick’s parents to report back me about how it performed over the course of a few weeks. Because you really can’t get a feel for something like this after just one use. You need to know how well it performs on a day to day basis after regular use.
How well did the Hoover Vacuum Perform?
“The vacuum picked up the bits up off the carpet well. It is a little bit noisy when you press the button to use on carpet but it definitely worked better on carpets with the button pressed. It did make Poppy (dog) run away at first, but she then got used to the noise. The vacuum stands up much better by itself without the cable on the back of it. All attachments fitted very well so they stay with the hoover. You can also have the cable fitted on the hook as suggested, to stop you running over it and it is a good long length too”
The Hoover Velocity Evo Reach VE02 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner has some really great features which I liked:
- Great hoover for the carpets
- It is very powerful with a great 12 mt reach
- It comes with a large capacity 1.5L
- Performed well on both carpet and hard flooring
- Very good at picking up the dog hair
- Easy to move room to room
- The attachment suction is good
- Easy to empty
- It comes with a lot of pieces to put together to use extension
With these accessories, you can reach higher areas as well as corners and crevices
But also some which I didn’t like:
- It can be very heavy to push at times
- The vacuum won’t stand upright even if you don’t have the cable hanging on it which is a big issue for us. It just falls to the floor every time. I didn’t like this because it can also be an issue when you store it.
As you can see this vacuum cleaner performs well but it has a couple of things to be aware of which for some can be an issue but for others, it might be overseen by the fact that it performs well and does the job.
Are you looking for a new vacuum cleaner? What do you look for when buying a new vacuum cleaner?
*Disclosure: AO sent us this vacuum cleaner for the purpose of this review. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Linking up with: