As you probably know, we love trying out new toys. I am always interested to see what different kinds of toys my girls will find fun and interesting to play with. It can sometimes be hard to find toys that appeal to both Sienna and Bella as there is a few years age gap between them.
When we were sent the Spin Master Air Hogs Supernova the girls couldn’t wait to try it out. The Air Hogs Supernova is for ages 8+ so I wasn’t sure if it would be suitable for Sienna but she still wanted to join in and be a part of the fun.
The Spin Master Air Hogs Supernova comes with:
- 1x Air Hogs Supernova
- 1x USB Charge Cable
- 1x Instruction Sheet
- 4x Replacement Rotors
- 1x Rotor Removal Tool
It doesn’t need any setup or batteries as it comes with a rechargeable battery and is charged via USB.
To play with the Air Hogs Supernova, all you need to do is to toss it in the air and it will automatically start flying. Use your hands to control it flip it, spin it as it hovers in the air. You can learn 30+ moves and master 9 tricks to do with the supernova whilst it is in the air. The supernova also has built-in collision avoidance and stable flight technology.
You can play with the Air Hogs Supernova alone and master all the tricks or challenge your friends to see who has the best air control!
PLAYING WITH THE SPIN MASTER AIR HOGS SUPERNOVA
The supernova is a really fun toy to play with. We have all been playing with it but Nick has been taking the lead. It is an indoor toy so we have been playing with the supernova at home and the girls love it. As it is for older children, it isn’t really suitable for Sienna but she watches when we play with it and both Sienna and Bella get very excited watching it.
So far, we haven’t mastered any of the tricks yet but I am sure we will the more we play with it. We do think this is a brilliant toy and a great idea. I am sure this will be a big hit with kids of all ages. However, we did find a few things which we felt have a little bit of a negative impact.
- It doesn’t need batteries because it has a built-in rechargeable battery in it. So you only need to charge it. (It is USB charge)
- It flashes red when charging and solid green when it is charged
- The globe is lightweight and delicate so be careful to avoid damage
- It’s simple to use
Inserting the USB cable
- It takes about an hour to charge up
- You just need to switch it on and drop it
- As you let go the rotors start working and it hovers in the air
- There are sensors around it so if you put your hand around them, the orb moves
- It can do some awesome tricks, very advanced for us so far LOL, but it is meant for an 8-year-old up
- Just using the simple sensors to move it around the house or to pass it to one another is a lot of fun
- When you have finished playing, you then hold it, turn it upside down and it will stop moving. You then switch the power button off
- Inside the box, you will find a very detailed manual with a lot of different tricks that you can do
- I recommend you to check out the official air hogs videos so you can learn better how to perform the tricks (see below)
- The battery doesn’t last long (just 5 minutes) although this is pretty typical for mini drones
- It is recommended you leave 10-15 minutes before recharging so the battery doesn’t overheat
- It is an indoor toy, but you need a reasonable amount of clear space to play with it
- Like most drone style toys, it makes a loud buzzing noise when it is in use
- It is a fun novelty, but it is quite delicate
- You will need to think where to store Supernova to ensure it isn’t damaged as the packaging it came in can’t be used to store it once opened.
As you can see, it’s a fun toy with a lot of positives despite the small issues. Although the RRP is £39.99 a number of retailers (Amazon. Smyths Toys, Argos) are currently selling this for £29.99 which we think is good value. We loved playing with it and think it is a great toy. And of course a super great Christmas gift?
You can see a couple of stories I did on my Instagram HERE so you can see how it performs when it is in the air.
Do your kids like drones? Do you own one? What do you think of the Supernova?
*Disclosure: We received an Air Hogs Supernova toy to test at home for the purpose of this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Contains affiliate links.
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
[do_widget id=”text-12″ title=false]
[do_widget id=”text-11″ title=false]
Linking up with: