Hola chicos, I have been tagged by the lovely and very talented Laura from Laura’s Lovely Blog to do the “Being a Blogger Tag”. Laura writes a parenting blog and she is a lover of handbags. Go and have a look at her blog if you haven’t done yet. I’m sure you will love it as much as I do! 😉
This is such an interesting tag for me as I have only been blogging for a little over 3 months now. This is all so new to me but it has been the 3 most intense months of my life so far. It is very hard but it is something that I love so much that I would never stop! I am writing a list of things that I feel helped me to understand what blogging means to me.
Therefore, here we come. This is what blogging means to me:
- It is completely addictive to me. I found myself in front of my laptop constantly writing something new for my blog.
- It has become a passion to me. I just can’t stop thinking about it 24/7. It really makes me happy and fulfils me completely.
- It is definitely my new hobby. I don’t think I’ve had a proper hobby before and I never thought that writing would be a hobby for me even though I’m a lawyer and I needed to be on top of my writing and reading all the time, I never thought that just writing all my thoughts and sharing with you all the moments that make me happy or unhappy would be something that I would be so hooked at!
- Has allowed me to interact through the internet with so many different people around the world that otherwise I would’ve never interacted with before. This is because we all share the same passion for blogging and the most important thing is that we understand each other very well.
- Has helped me to be part of a lovely blogging community, especially the parent blogger community as we are all in the same boat (we go through all the ups and downs of parenthood).
- Has given me the opportunity to spend more time with my girls and combine my two most important worlds (parenting and blogging) together in one which I’m so grateful for.
- Blogging is a massive social platform.
I never thought in a million years that I was going to attend to any blogging event and that has happened already this last weekend. I went to the FunFest UK Bloggers Summit in Northampton and I was able to meet in person with other bloggers and have a chat about what we love so much (blogging) and also I was able to learn a lot about being a blogger. I met Vicki from Honest Mum and that was in itself amazing!! 😉
- Has brought me the opportunity to be able to work with brands and learn about amazing products that otherwise I would’ve not known about. Of course, I’m just starting out but it has so far been incredibly satisfying to be able to do a review of products that I really like.
- Has increased my need of having to know more about IT. I have always been a little bit of a geek myself. I’m very curious and I love learning more and more. Back home I was always the first to understand how to use a PC and had to help my parents and siblings. It is an interesting world and I found myself wanting to know more and more. I’m so glad that I have now the best teacher ever next to me which is my husband. He teaches me so many things lately that I’m so impressed that I can now do difficult things like for example being able to do some coding. Crazy right?
- Is completely therapeutic and cathartic. My sister who is a Psychologist (actually she is a Psychotherapist) will understand this pretty well. I really found myself so much more relaxed and happy after writing something that matters a lot to me. When I’m writing a post that is too personal and I have finished and published it, I feel like a big weight has been lifted from my back. It is amazing that feeling of relief that you can get after it. It is a magnificent way for me to let everything go!
- Has made me learn all about the different social media out there that I probably wasn’t aware of before. I was just a Facebook fan before but after I started blogging, OMG I had to learn very quickly so I didn’t get behind about Twitter, Instagram, Facebook Pages (I didn’t have a clue about how to have and use a FB Page before), Google+. Pinterest, YouTube (I knew it from before but never as a proper monetised platform) and now the latest Periscope.
- Has made me think that this could perhaps be my business someday. The possibility to get my blog out there in a way that I can earn a living from is of course at the moment so far from being true but I feel very determined to try to achieve this goal. It would be amazing and I would be the most happy woman in the whole planet if this dream came true!!:-)
- Has showed me that there are so many beautiful blogs that I find incredibly inspirational and I now try my best to follow them regularly.
- Has given me something that is just mine. My blog is my own little world on the internet where I can just be me and feel safe for the time that I’m there. I feel protected and happy when I’m here writing.
I just want to finish saying that I have never felt so happy in my life apart from when I got married and had my 2 girls than when I’m writing. I love blogging and I’m so grateful for the opportunities that I have been given so far and also that I have been able to start building some new friendships.
I would like now to tag the following bloggers to take part in this tag if you are happy to do it. If you do take part please mentioning me in your post and tag me on Twitter so I can read your post, 😉
Jayne from Mums the Word
Laura from My Life as a Mummy
Joanna from Joanna Victoria
Ami from My Mummy Spam
Samantha Coco Butter Blog
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Linking up with: