I have been tagged by the lovely and very talented Laura from Laura’s Lovely Blog to do the “Being a Blogger Tag”. Laura writes a parenting blog and she is a lover of handbags. Go and have a look at her blog if you haven’t done yet. I’m sure you will love it as much as I do! 😉
This is such an interesting tag for me as I have only been blogging for a little over 3 months now. This is all so new to me but it has been the 3 most intense months of my life so far. It is very hard but it is something that I love so much that I would never stop! I am writing a list of things that I feel helped me to understand what blogging means to me.
Therefore, here we come. This is what blogging means to me:
- It is completely addictive to me. I found myself in front of my laptop constantly writing something new for my blog.
- It has become a passion to me. I just can’t stop thinking about it 24/7. It really makes me happy and fulfils me completely.
- It is definitely my new hobby. I don’t think I’ve had a proper hobby before and I never thought that writing would be a hobby for me even though I’m a lawyer and I needed to be on top of my writing and reading all the time, I never thought that just writing all my thoughts and sharing with you all the moments that make me happy or unhappy would be something that I would be so hooked at!
- Has allowed me to interact through the internet with so many different people around the world that otherwise I would’ve never interacted with before. This is because we all share the same passion for blogging and the most important thing is that we understand each other very well.
- Has helped me to be part of a lovely blogging community, especially the parent blogger community as we are all in the same boat (we go through all the ups and downs of parenthood).
- Has given me the opportunity to spend more time with my girls and combine my two most important worlds (parenting and blogging) together in one which I’m so grateful for.
- Blogging is a massive social platform.
I never thought in a million years that I was going to attend to any blogging event and that has happened already this last weekend. I went to the FunFest UK Bloggers Summit in Northampton and I was able to meet in person with other bloggers and have a chat about what we love so much (blogging) and also I was able to learn a lot about being a blogger. I met Vicki from Honest Mum and that was in itself amazing!! 😉
- Has brought me the opportunity to be able to work with brands and learn about amazing products that otherwise I would’ve not known about. Of course, I’m just starting out but it has so far been incredibly satisfying to be able to do a review of products that I really like.
- Has increased my need of having to know more about IT. I have always been a little bit of a geek myself. I’m very curious and I love learning more and more. Back home I was always the first to understand how to use a PC and had to help my parents and siblings. It is an interesting world and I found myself wanting to know more and more. I’m so glad that I have now the best teacher ever next to me which is my husband. He teaches me so many things lately that I’m so impressed that I can now do difficult things like for example being able to do some coding. Crazy right?
- Is completely therapeutic and cathartic. My sister who is a Psychologist (actually she is a Psychotherapist) will understand this pretty well. I really found myself so much more relaxed and happy after writing something that matters a lot to me. When I’m writing a post that is too personal and I have finished and published it, I feel like a big weight has been lifted from my back. It is amazing that feeling of relief that you can get after it. It is a magnificent way for me to let everything go!
- Has made me learn all about the different social media out there that I probably wasn’t aware of before. I was just a Facebook fan before but after I started blogging, OMG I had to learn very quickly so I didn’t get behind about Twitter, Instagram, Facebook Pages (I didn’t have a clue about how to have and use a FB Page before), Google+. Pinterest, YouTube (I knew it from before but never as a proper monetised platform) and now the latest Periscope.
- Has made me think that this could perhaps be my business someday. The possibility to get my blog out there in a way that I can earn a living from is of course at the moment so far from being true but I feel very determined to try to achieve this goal. It would be amazing and I would be the most happy woman in the whole planet if this dream came true!!:-)
- Has showed me that there are so many beautiful blogs that I find incredibly inspirational and I now try my best to follow them regularly.
- Has given me something that is just mine. My blog is my own little world on the internet where I can just be me and feel safe for the time that I’m there. I feel protected and happy when I’m here writing.
I just want to finish saying that I have never felt so happy in my life apart from when I got married and had my 2 girls than when I’m writing. I love blogging and I’m so grateful for the opportunities that I have been given so far and also that I have been able to start building some new friendships.
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️