I love Christmas markets and there are some great Christmas markets in London to enjoy too. They are great to inject you with some Christmas spirit, browsing around for some inspiration for your Christmas gifts, eating some yummy food and of course, drinking a lovely mulled wine or two!
Christmas Markets in London 2022 Dates
There are a few fabulous Christmas markets in London, some classic ones and some new ones, so if your asking, ‘Which Christmas market is best in London?’, ‘Where is the most Christmassy place in London?’ or ‘What London Christmas markets are open?’, I have put together a list with all the main details (including London Christmas market opening dates) so you can choose, and go and visit too.
Leicester Square Christmas Market
Image via Christmas in Leicester Square website
While exploring their authentic European Christmas market, try some delectable cuisine and refreshing beverages. It’s the ideal place to find stocking stuffers and wonderful Christmas presents for the whole family! The multi-award-winning show La Clique can be seen in the Leicester Square Spiegeltent.
There will also be other family event that your kids will adore! It’s the ideal location for celebrating Christmas in London.
- Location: Leicester Square, WC2H 7NA.
- Dates: opened until January 8, 2023.
- How to Get There: The nearest stations are Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus.
- Entry: FREE (Tickets for any shows or events will come at an extra cost)
- Website: Christmas in Leicester Square
The Old Spitalfields Christmas Market
Image via Old Spitalfields Market website
The makers and independents featured at this year’s Christmas Market will have your presents wrapped in no time. Shop for distinctive clothing, accessories, children’s clothing, toys, jewellery, art, prints, home goods, and a tonne of fantastic sustainable options.
- Location: Old Spitalfields Market, 16 Horner Square, London, E1 6EW
- Dates: Saturday 18th – Friday 24th December
- How to Get There: By Train: Liverpool Street (5 mins) Shoreditch High St. (7 mins) Aldgate East (8 mins) Moorgate (14 mins) Old Street (16 mins). By Bus: Brushfield Street (67), Primrose Street, Stop J, (8, 26, 35, 48, 78, 135, 149, 205 242, 388)
- Entry: FREE
- Website: Old Spitalfields Market
Christmas In Covent Garden
Image via Christmas In Covent Garden website
A legendary Christmas tree, popular holiday markets, a wide variety of mulled wine, and, of course, everything else necessary to make 2022 the most magical year yet will all be back. All of this can be found in the open-air, pedestrianised Piazza, and the nearby streets, which are teeming with fantastic stores, heated terraces, and the best restaurants in the West End. Until January 3rd, lights are on every day from 11 a.m. to midnight.
- Location: Covent Garden, London, WC2E
- Dates: November – January 3rd
- How to Get There: By Train: Charing Cross (6 mins), Waterloo station (20 mins). By Tube: Leicester Sq (5 mins), Charing Cross (6 mins), Holborn (10 mins), Embankment (10 mins), Temple (11 mins), Tottenham Court Road (12 mins. By Bus: The 9, 13, 15, 23, 139 and 153 all stop at Trafalgar Square and Aldwych (both a short walk from the Market Building). The No. 24 stops at Leicester Square; Covent Garden is signposted from there.
- Entry: FREE
- Website: Christmas In Covent Garden
Christmas By The River – London Bridge
Image via Christmas By The River – London Bridge City website
One of London’s most cherished holiday events, Christmas by the River, is back at London Bridge for its eighth year. Alongside the River Thames and the recognisable city skyline are fairy-lit wooden cabins, market vendors selling a variety of handcrafted wares, and festive fare to eat as you buy. A diverse selection of year-round eateries, bars, cafes, and shops adds to the festive atmosphere. From November 15 to January 2, it features a conventional Christmas market along with a number of free events like outdoor movie screenings, choir concerts, and neighbourhood activities.
- Location: London Bridge City, SE1 2DB
- Dates: Sunday-Wednesday: 11:00-21:00 / Thursday–Saturday: 11:00-22:00 / Christmas Eve: 11:00-17:00 / Christmas Day: Closed / New Year’s Eve: 11:00-20:00 / 2nd January: 11:00-17:00
- How to Get There: London Bridge City is situated between London Bridge and Tower Bridge on the south side of the River Thames and is a short walk from London Bridge Station
- Entry: FREE
- Website: Christmas By The River – London Bridge City
Southbank Centre Winter Market
Image via Southbank Centre Winter Market website
Enjoy exquisite street cuisine and indulgent drinks from the classic alpine-style chalets as you stroll along the Thames at night. The Christmas Market is part of the Southbank Winter Festival which also features a number of performances, exhibits, and other events. Southbank Christmas Market 2022 looks set to be a good one!
- Location: Queen’s Walk, Southbank
- Dates: 3 Nov – 26 Dec, 11 am / Sun – Thurs 11 am – 10 pm, Fri & Sat 11 am – 11 pm
- How to Get There: The nearest tube and train stations within a 5 – 7 minute walk are Waterloo (Northern, Bakerloo, Jubilee and Waterloo & City lines) and Embankment (District & Circle lines).
There are also lots of bus routes with stops 2 – 5 minutes from our venues. Full travel information is on the Southbank Centre’s website
- Entry: FREE
- Website: Southbank Centre Winter Market
Hyde Park Winter Wonderland Christmas Markets
Image via Winter Wonderland Christmas Markets website
Wander through a quaint traditional market flanked with exquisitely adorned wooden chalets filled with one-of-a-kind items, handcrafted Christmas decorations, and alluring food offerings. There are a tonne of gift suggestions for friends and family, as well as treats for oneself, so your options are endless!
- Location: Hyde Park, London, W2 2UH
- Dates: Friday 18th November to Monday 2nd January, 10 am – 10 pm
- How to Get There: The nearest stations are Victoria, Bond Street, Green Park, Paddington, Knightsbridge, Marble Arch, and Hyde Park Corner.
- Entry: £7.50 (Peak)
- Website: Winter Wonderland Christmas Markets
Greenwich Christmas Market
Image via Greenwich Christmas Market website
There are 47 food vendors, three delis, 12 antique stalls, 28 market stalls, 16 for beauty, 69 for arts and crafts, 45 fashion stalls and shops, 24 for jewellery, and 48 lifestyle market stalls to peruse. That is, of course, not all. There are also numerous shops selling everything you could possible need for your children and pets this holiday season. There is also a slew of taverns, bars, and restaurants surrounding the market. The market will be open from 10 a.m. until 5.30 p.m. daily.
- Location: Greenwich Market, London, SE10 9HZ
- Dates: From 17th November. 10 am-5.30 pm
- How to Get There: Greenwich is just 8 minutes from London Bridge train station and 20 minutes from Bank station via DLR. Visitors can choose from a variety of travel options including a Riverboat, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), train, tube, bus or even a cable car.
- Entry: Free
- Website: Greenwich Christmas Market
Christmas At King’s Cross
Image via Christmas At King’s Cross website
This holiday season, King’s Cross is brimming with festive joy. There are Christmas markets to explore, brimming with food, drink, handcrafted presents, and stylish designer products. Try curling, take the family to a Christmas show, and, of course, eat, drink, and be happy in one of the many fantastic bars and restaurants.
- Location: King’s Cross, N1C 4DH
- Dates: 9th November – 2nd January
- How to Get There: Via Tube, follow the exit signs for Regent’s Canal and you’ll exit the stations at the German Gymnasium restaurant. Head up King’s Boulevard and you’ll see Granary Square and the Coal Drops Yard shopping area ahead of you just across the canal. Bike: There are over 100 bike parking spaces at King’s Cross, as well as Santander and Brompton docking stations on site. The Brompton docking point is just off Pancras Square on the side street next to Leon.
- Entry: Free
- Website: Christmas At King’s Cross
Christmas At Borough Market
Image via Christmas At Borough Market website
Borough Market, located in the centre of London, is one of the most well-known marketplaces for food and produce in the city. The food market’s evocative halls and corridors are a joy to explore and are open seven days a week.
- Location: Borough Market, 8 Southwark Street, London, SE1 1TL
- Dates: 5th December – 9th January (Full Opening Times)
- How to Get There: conveniently located right beside the London Bridge rail terminal and London Underground station (Jubilee line and Northern Line). The Market is well served by bus stops on Southwark Street, Borough High Street and London Bridge, and at London Bridge station. There are several bike racks within the Market, as well as cycle hire docks on both Southwark Street and Park Street.
- Entry: Free
- Website: Christmas At Borough Market
Selfridges Christmas Market on the Mews
Image via Selfridges Christmas Market On The Mew website
Selfridge’s returns with their third annual Christmas Market, located just behind their London flagship store. Offering a selection of food stalls, fairground rides and their very own bar, Selfridges hopes to connect its visitors to local food vendors and small businesses, while providing guests with some much-needed festive cheer.
- Location: Edwards Mews, at the rear of Selfridges London
- Dates: 5th November – 23rd December
- How to Get There: Closest Tube Station: Bond Street (Central Line)
- Entry: Free
- Website: Selfridges Christmas Market On The Mews
Kingston Christmas Market
Image via Kingston Christmas Market website
At Kingston Christmas Market, one of London’s most enchanted Christmas markets, get into the holiday mood. You can enjoy a typical European Christmas market set in a classic British environment. To get into the holiday spirit, stroll around under sparkling fairy lights, sip mulled wine, and select from a variety of mouth-watering foods. So this Christmas, take some winter warmers and get over to Kingston-Upon-Thames.
- Location: Ancient Market Place in the centre of the town (between Clarence Street and High Street). The area is fully pedestrianised.
- Dates: 10th November – 2nd January (Market Stalls : 10th November – 24th December 2022 / Bar, Food & Entertainment: Open until 2nd January 2023)
Market Opening Times: Sunday to Wednesday – 10am to 6pm, Thursday to Saturday – 10am to 8pm
- How to Get There: There are several travel options (full details can be found on the Plan Your Visit section of the Kingston Christmas Market website)
- Entry: Free
- Website: Kingston Christmas Market
The Hackney Christmas Market (Bohemia Place Market)
Image via Bohemia Place Market website
The market is getting ready for what is expected to be the finest Christmas market Bohemia Place has ever seen as Christmas approaches. Explore the sparkling street where you can discover a variety of Christmas delights! Festive street cuisine, mulled wine and Christmas-themed drinks, artisan goods and one-of-a-kind presents from London’s top independent merchants, Christmas workshops, Ethical, vegan and sustainably sourced goodies.
Visit on Friday nights to shop and eat while sipping on a variety of craft beers from guest brewers. Be sure to stop by for their most enchanted Christmas market yet.
- Location: Bohemia Place Market, 2 Bohemia Place, E8 1DU
- Dates: Every Weekend from 26th November to 18th December
Market Opening Times: Fridays 6pm – 10pm / Saturdays & Sundays 12pm – 6pm
- How to Get There: The nearest Overground station is Hackney Central. Trains times here. Directions from anywhere in London here.
Buses 30, 38, 242, 276, N38, N242. Hackney Central Station.
- Entry: Free Tickets via Eventbrite
- Website: Bohemia Place Market
Hopefully, you find the above information on Christmas Markets in London useful.
Have you visited any Christmas Markets this year? What do you think of the Christmas Markets in London I have listed? Are there any other Christmas Markets in London you would recommend?
*Disclosure: All images are credited to each website mentioned in this blog post.
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Rebecca Sutton says
I have always wanted to go there at Xmas, but always worry it will be too hectic
Jennifer Rhymer says
I’ve never been to a Christmas market, I’d love to go
Janet Robertson says
Very useful for if I visit London at Christmas
Maria b says
I love Christmas markets, these look amazing
Amanda S says
Lovely article – it’s always great to visit a Christmas Market
Emma H says
I love a Christmas market
I love Christmas markets always gets me in the Christmas mood
Thanks for the great list! Totally inspired me to take a trip to London
Glynis O'Halloran says
I love a Christmas market but been too unwell to visit any this year
Natalie Gillham says
I love Christmas markets, I’ve visited the one at south bank and winter wonderland this tear but would love to visit more x
They look great I’m hoping to visit one or two next week.