I am absolutely in love with Rhodes! It is such a beautiful place and I couldn’t have asked for somewhere more beautiful to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary. I was so excited to visit and spend some time alone with Nick. We have never been away like this before on our own without the girls. It was definitely something we were both looking forward to!
When we were looking for accommodation we decided to look at Booking.com. Our flight tickets had been gifted to us as part of a previous blog campaign so we just needed to find somewhere to stay. This is where we found the Elefteria Apartments. It was very well presented on the site so we immediately booked it.
Elefteria Apartments are family run and located in Kolymbia in a great location too. Set in a 5,000 square meter garden there is also a swimming pool.
In the apartments, you can find a kitchenette with fridge, coffee machine, electric kettle, toaster, mini oven and dining area is featured in all apartments at the Elefteria. Each has satellite TV and free WiFi. A private bathroom with a shower is included. Air conditioning and safety deposit boxes are available upon charge.
Things to consider
- Languages spoke: German, Greek, English, Italian
- Free public parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed). Free street parking
- WiFi is available in all rooms and in public areas and is free of charge.
- Check-in is from 2 pm onwards
- Check out from 7 am until 11 am but you can ask for a late check out if the room is available. The fee is 30 euros for this. We did this and it made a completely different experience for us because we were able to enjoy more of the last day as our flight was at 11:30 pm.
- There are Air-condition remote controls and safe deposit key available at extra charge. It is 7 euros per day. At the start of the week we didn’t need the air condition but I must say, towards the end of the week we reached up to 32 C so we asked to have the remote control for the last 24 hrs. So we had it from Saturday night until Sunday night.
- Bottle of water In the fridge and a bottle of wine as a warm welcome from the family.
- Directory with all the details you need for your stay.
- A branded bag that was very useful for us.
OUR WEEK STAYING AS GUESTS AT ELEFTERIA APARTMENTS
We arrived on a Sunday night, very late and thankfully the check in was super easy. They left the info of our room number on a whiteboard at the entrance so we didn’t need to disturb anyone. Also, the owners live on site so they were always available if needed.
Our Room Inside
View to our room
The apartment was clean, fresh, modern but rustic. It immediately felt very relaxing. It has 2 levels. Upstairs they had 2 twin beds. This would have been nice if the girls were with us. So it was good to know they accommodate families too.
A welcome pack was left for us. That was very kind, especially because it was very late when we arrived. We went straight to bed that night as you can imagine we were very tired after our journey.
The following morning we were able to see outside the room. The view was to a lovely garden through a private patio. It has a long table which was perfect for breakfast. The apartment grounds are extremely beautiful and well kept! Our room was exactly as advertised and was absolutely beautiful.
The pool was very close to our room and it was wonderful. It never felt too crowded given how few apartments there are. This was nice. Of course, you spend more time visiting nearby beaches but it was nice that you can also enjoy the pool when you feel like it. We did this twice. One afternoon after visiting the local beach at the start of our stay and then we spent one day all day at the pool towards the end of our stay. It was lovely.
The owners were very helpful and friendly. Their recommendations, tips and advice were very accurate.
PROPERTY & NEIGHBOURHOOD
In front of us, crossing the garden, they have A BBQ. They provide the charcoal and you can use it at any time you wish. We didn’t use it for lack of time but I thought it was a lovely idea. Perfect if you are in a big group.
The nearest supermarket is on the highway and only 300 metres away (5 mins walk) and it is open 7 days a week all day long. I thought this was super handy. Next to the supermarket, there is a breakfast and coffee shop and a snack place. Also, in close proximity, there is a very famous and tasty taverna restaurant ‘’Anthoula’’ where you can go to eat or order food delivery in your room. There are also two restaurants that are both really good, and next door to each other. We had dinner in one of them and we loved it! More to where to eat in Rhodes in another post.
The nearest beach is 2 km away which is Kolymbia beach. There are lots of lovely beaches to visit around so I will highly recommend you to hire a car for this. More of what car to hire and beaches to visit in another post too.
I cannot recommend Elefteria Apartments enough whether you are travelling as a couple or a family. It was the perfect base for us to enjoy our week. We had a lovely time and had no complaints at all.
*Disclosure: Contains affiliate links.
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Linking up with: