This is a guest post written by Cathryn called “Sausage, Mozzarella & Tomato Panini Recipe”. I’m sure most of you will find this recipe delicious and super easy and quick to do. If you would like to know more about Cathryn, please scroll down to the bottom of this post where you can find her details, under “About the Author“.
Hello! I’m Cathryn and I blog over at Little Paper Swans while the lovely Franca is away I’ve got a guest post for you and as food is my passion it only seemed right for me to share a recipe with you.
If you’re anything like me you’ll want to fill your Sunday’s with “brunch food”. I just can’t resist. We normally have an early lunch, as being parents to a 1-year old that doesn’t like lay-ins, we’re in need of an early breakfast before! I normally opt for a bagel filled with bacon and cream cheese or pastry depending on where we’ve done our food shopping, but a few weeks ago I just fancied something different.
Something that was still suitable for “brunch” but not my usual goes to. I can get stuck in a food rut sometimes so it’s really nice to change things up every now and then and discover new flavour combinations.
My husband was set on a sausage sandwich but after a little convincing and raiding the fridge I settled on these and oh my! They are so tasty. Such simple ingredients but when the flavours come together they taste oh so good. It tastes like breakfast food but has that little bit of sophistication to it.
They make such a great brunch but these would also make a great meal if you served them up with more salad or veg on the side. The best thing is it’s really simple to make to, which is perfect if you’re taking things slow, which is exactly how Sundays should be.
Sausage, Mozzarella & Tomato Panini – Serves 2
- 4 pork sausages, as best quality as you can afford
- 50g grated mozzarella
- 10 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 panini rolls
- Leafy salad
– Cook your sausages according to pack instructions. I like to oven cook mine.
– Carefully slice the panini rolls in half lengthways and lightly toast.
– Once the sausages are cooked, slice lengthways and place onto the bottom of the panini. Set aside the top half.
– Add the chopped cherry tomatoes and sprinkle over the grated mozzarella. Place under a hot grill until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown.
– Once melted place a handful of salad on top and place the top half of the panini on top.
– Serve with hot coffee.
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Linking up with: