Hola chicos, I was nominated recently by my lovely friend Maria from Suburban Mum for the Sisterhood of the World bloggers tag which is passed from blogger to blogger so we can get to know each other a little bit more. I love Maria’s blog, she has a little bit of everything and it is very entertaining. She blogs about her day-to-day life juggling work, family and running a house. Just when I was starting to answer her questions I realised that I was also nominated a long time ago by Mrs Tubbs from Someplace Strange. Mrs Tubbs has a lovely blog with lots of interesting posts about her family, food, politics, fashion, beauty, books, religion, life, the universe and everything. Now you can be nosy and find out a LOT more about me, LOL! If you have a little bit of spare time go and give them both lots of love too! 😉
- Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions they’ve given you.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for the award
- Write 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Display the award on your blog or on a post.
1. What’s the best thing about blogging?
I love the blogging community. People are very friendly and I have made a few great friends already.
2. What is your most popular/favourite blog post
I have some posts that I like a lot and I keep choosing between them every time that someone asks me. From these, I would say that I particularly enjoyed writing After all….tomorrow is another day
3. What is your favourite place to go to as a family?
I love the beach although we don’t have any near us at the moment but as I grew up living most of my life near the coast it is something that I really love.
4. Something you’ve never done but would like to try?
I would love to try glamping. I don’t love traditional camping because I don’t like not having your own bathroom near you, so I’m hoping that glamping could be a good alternative.
5. What is your favourite time of year and why?
I love Spring. It is the time of the year when you know the weather is changing, the Sun is coming out and it feels a little bit warmer, the colours of the newly blossoming flowers are coming up, etc. It really brings a smile to my face just to think about it.
6. What was your favourite children’s book?
Little Women. I used to dream about this book all the time. I love the character Jo although I wasn’t in any way similar to her but she was my heroin.
7. What was the last movie you watched?
The last movie I watched was X-Men Days of Future Past.
8. What is your favourite dessert?
I love a Peruvian dessert that is just so delicious. Its name is Suspiro de Limena. Translating to “sigh of a woman” and dating back to the 1800s, this is one of the best-loved traditional Peruvian desserts. The recipe’s slow cooking process results in a golden, silky smooth caramel-like base, which is then crowned with a light and creamy liqueur meringue. Serve it with mixed berries.
9. If you could magically do one thing, what would you do?
Be able to be invisible so I can be nosy and go and check other people’s houses, LOL!
10. What is the most disgusting thing you’ve ever eaten?
I don’t think I have ever tried any disgusting food as I would probably say no before I even try. I’m very particular with food so I would be very careful before I try anything weird.
2. Favourite box set?
My favourite TV box set in the last few years has been House of Cards, but I also enjoy Homeland and Mad Men.
3. Favourite app or emoji?
WhatsApp for sure. I use it a lot and it is a way to keep close to my family too as they are miles away.
4. Last thing you do before bed?
I always go to the toilet before I go to bed, LOL! It is just a routine. I guess it is a way to avoid having to wake up in the middle of the night which would not be pleasant. I hated it when I was pregnant and I had to go to the toilet a lot!!
5. Who is your hero?
My husband. Probably it might sound very weird for some of you but for me he is perfect. He is just my best friend and a great father. He does absolutely everything at home. You name it, he does it! So yes he is my hero.
6. Signature dish or a restaurant recommendation if you’re not a cook?
I’m not a cook. In fact, I shouldn’t be allowed in the kitchen, LOL. Well maybe I’m being harsh on myself but I’m definitely not a cook. I guess if I have some instructions I can follow them but it is not something that I enjoy. I would rather go out for a meal. There are a couple of Peruvian restaurants that I love and I would love people to try. The first one is Lima London and the other one is Ceviche. If you are ever in central London please go and try it as they are amazing. Peruvian food is the best!!
7. What’s in your shopping basket?
These should always be in my shopping basket: bread, milk, prune juice, water, ham, cheese, butter, cereal, weight watchers meals and sunbites! 😉
8. What time do you get up?
At 6 am!! This is because little Sienna has decided lately that she wants an early start of the day!! Lucky me!!
9. Why do you blog?
I love it!! It is my passion. I’m obsessed with my blog. I breath my blog 24/7. It is just so crazy. This is what I would love to be doing for ever.
10. How did you pick your blog name?
It was an easy option. I wanted to choose a name where people will enjoy some virtual time with me, reading my posts or watching my videos, so the name “A Moment With Franca” came from that.
Now my questions:
- What do you always have in your bag?
- What day of the week do you like the most?
- Tell me how you came up with the logo/name for your blog?
- Which 3 countries would you like to visit?
- What is your hobby?
- Why did you decide to have a blog?
- What makes you happy?
- What song are you loving at the moment?
- What is your favourite colour and why?
- Would you like to be a pro-blogger?
I nominate the following lovely bloggers:
Nadia from Scandi Mummy
Sandy from Mommy’s Little Princesses
Nicky from Not Just the 3 of Us
Tracey from One Frazzled Mum
Emily from My Petit Canard
Maddy from The Speed Bump
Fiona from Beauty, Baby and Me
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Linking up with: