Hola chicos, I’m so excited about being nominated for the Liebster Award. This is a huge surprise for me as I have been only blogging for 2 weeks! I’m very flattered and grateful, so thank you so much to Lizzie from Firstooth who has nominated me for this award. Lizzie has a lovely blog where she shares posts about yummy recipes, beauty, family days out, money saving and more so go and check out her site!
I didn’t know what a Liebster Award was at the beginning so I did some research and it is an award given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers to get to know each other. In accepting the Liebster Award there are some rules to follow as best as you can:
1) Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
2) Post the Liebster Award badge on your blog.
3) Write 11 facts about yourself.
4) Nominate 4-11 bloggers (with fewer than 1,000 Twitter followers) who you feel deserve the award.
5) Answer the 11 questions posted by the blogger that nominated you.
6) Write 11 new questions for your nominees.
11 Facts about Myself
- I’m Peruvian so I speak Spanish
- I don’t like wine (any type at all. I know what you are thinking… very strange, right?)
- I was a practicing lawyer in Peru (not anymore as I moved over here)
- My guilty pleasure is watching reality shows, especially Made in Chelsea
- I’m an online shopping addict. Especially on Amazon
- I’m in love with cats, they are so adorable and soft
- I’m claustrophobic, so I hate being in crowds and small places
- I love shopping in H&M and Desigual
- I hate clutter. I can’t stand untidiness.
- I have a Masters in Business Law which I did in Madrid
- I managed to convalidate my law degree in the UK so I have a degree in law here
Oh my God this was incredibly hard to do! It took me ages but it is finally done. Let’s carry on to the next part which is answering the questions that the lovely Lizzie has prepared for me.
Questions from Lizzie (Firstooth)
- What is your biggest secret?
Mmm, cheeky! If I tell you it would not be a secret anymore right? But because I like you I will tell you. I really love One Direction and I’m secretly in love with Harry Styles, but shhhh… please don’t tell my husband!! LOL
- Do you have a guilty pleasure?
Yes. Made in Chelsea is my guilty pleasure. Love it!!
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve had to do?
Studying for my conversion course (GDL: Graduate Diploma in Law) at the same time that I was working and also having my first daughter. This was incredibly hard. Very tiring.
- When you get a spare hour how do you spend it?
Watching TV or videos on Youtube.
- If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
After living in Peru, Madrid and now London I can say that I’m very happy here although I could be even happier if we could have a proper summer but I guess I can always go away to any place with beaches or go back home for a nice and warm holiday.
- What made you decide to start a blog?
I really wanted to start writing about my experiences of being a mother and being able to talk about any topic that I fancy as it is very therapeutic to me. I find the power of social media amazing. All the things that you can say and do and to be able to spread your words every where.
- What’s your favourite type of blog to read?
I love the parenting & lifestyle blogs like ours and the beauty blogs. But I also enjoy a lot the deco & interior blogs. I love how a room can be changed into something amazing just by choosing the correct decoration.
- Is the experience of being a parent different from how you imagined it?
Of course. Everything sounds easy until you actually start living it yourself. Things are much more difficult and harder than what you actually thought. Although despite all the bad nights, the crying and the fussiness I would not change it for the world!
- If you can go out, where is your favourite place to eat?
At the moment, I love eating at Nando’s. It reminds me a lot of a type of Peruvian roasted chicken that I used to eat back home all the time. And they also have a quinoa salad that is to die for!! yummy…
- What is the best thing you’ve ever bought?
The best thing I have ever bought and will last for a long time is my Channel bag. It is really lovely and I’m not sure if I can afford something like that again.
- Where is your favourite place to go as a family?
There are various places that we love to go as a family such as London Zoo, Hyde Park and the parks nearby my home. We also love to go swimming.
Now I will need to nominate 4-11 bloggers (with fewer than 1,000 Twitter followers).
- Read, create & love me too
- Mummy Bisson
- Four for the road
- What mummy did next
- Honest Mumma
Finally, I need to write 11 new questions for my nominees, so here we are:
- What do you find most challenging about blogging?
- What was one of the most unusual experiences you’ve encountered?
- Where’s your hometown and what’s the best thing about it?
- What are three things you cannot live without?
- What is your most prized possession?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What is your favorite memory as a child?
- What is your greatest fear?
- Where would be your ideal holiday destination?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- Do you speak another language?
Please tag me on twitter @WithFranca if you do decide to accept this award as I would love to read and share your post!
PS: 1) I’m linking up this post to the linky #brillblogposts which is being hosted by Vicki from Honest Mum. Below is her badge:
2) I’m linking up this post to the linky #TheList which is being hosted by Hannah from Mum’s Days and Aby from You Baby Me Mummy. Below is their badge.