We are getting very into family board games lately. They are perfect for rainy days which we seem to have a lot lately here in the UK! I’m not sure where the summer is? Please Sun come back soon! Anyway, we received another board game to review. This game is from Paul Lamond games and is called Who Dares Wins.
I have not reviewed any games from Paul Lamond before but I have played their games and they have always been great so I was looking forward to reviewing it.
This game is a family board game based on the hit BBC TV gameshow Who Dares Wins. It is a game of lists, bidding dares and steals. This family game will have teams bidding and challenging on how many items they can name from a particular category list but the important part is to know which team will have the courage to hold their nerve and win the valuable places! It’s definitely a challenging game!
Could you name the UK’s 10 longest rivers or 10 most popular brands of chocolate? if not all 10 then how many do you think you could name? Test your knowledge and skill and see how many of the ten answers you can name from each list. Be careful though, get an answer wrong and the other players will get a chance to steal! There are also dare cards to be collected along the way that may just help you out but how brave will you be? Remember who dares wins!
- 1x Playing Board
- 2x Packs of Giant List cards
- 1x Pack of Dare cards
- 6x Play pieces
- 1x Dice
HOW TO PLAY
- The youngest player rolls first and moves their piece the number of spaces shown. At the end of their turn, it becomes the turn of the player to their left.
- If a player, lands on an unmarked space, that will be the end of their turn.
- If a player lands on a Dare square, they pick up a Dare card. If the instructions are to move, they should do and that will be the end of their turn.
- If a player lands on a List square, the player to their right becomes the List Master for this turn who will then read out the category for the List.
- The player whose turn it is then makes a Bid for how many items they can name from the List.
- Bidding then continues clockwise. Players can increase the Bid up to 10 or Pass.
- The bidding continues up until someone has bid 10 or there has been a complete series of Passes.
- The player who made the highest Bid, names the number of items that they have Bid.
- If they are successful, they will then move their piece forwards that number of squares. This will be the end of the turn and play passes to the player to the left of the player whose turn it has been.
- If they are unsuccessful, the player to their left has the chance to steal the List by naming just one item on the List that has not been named yet. If they successfully steal the List, they move their piece forward by the number of squares bid by the unsuccessful Bidder. If they fail, the next player to their left has a new opportunity and so on until everyone has had a guess.
- If no other player succeeds, then the List Master is the winner by default and they move their piece forward.
- The winner is the first player to reach the Finish square.
- Based on the hit TV game show Who Dares Wins
- A game of lists, bidding, dares and steals
- Test your skill and knowledge
- See how many of the ten answers you can name from each list
- Can be played with 3 or more players or teams aged 8 years and over
- Not suitable for children under 3 years
- For use under adult supervision
- RPP £ 26.95
See Amazon details below:
This was a game not suitable to play with my girls. They are only 3 and 7 years old. Bella was more suitable but I feel she is still young to understand the bidding, stealing and challenges! However, this game is really fun to play with older kids and adults. It was great fun for Nick and I. I am thinking of taking it to the in-laws where I know for sure we could have a proper game night playing it there!
Do you like family board games? Have you played any Paul Lamond games before? Have you watched the Who Dares Wins TV show? What do you think of this game?
*Disclosure: We were sent Who Dares Win board game to review for the purpose of this blog post. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Margaret Clarkson says
We do like board games but haven’t played any Paul Lamond ones. I haven’t seen Who dares wins.
Christopher Read says
It’s a good quiz, so would like to play this. Yes, I enjoy family board games and have some Paul Lamond games
ADEINNE TONNER says
I have watched who dares wins a few times i love the show and i think i would love to try the board game as it looks interesting hopefully my luck is in if i play the game and i win.
Kayleigh Watkins says
We enjoy board games, its a great way to all spend time together as my children are nearly 13, 5 and 5 months (she doesn’t play) so they like different things but a board game brings us all together enjoying ourselves, I don’t think we have any Paul lammond games but would love to try this xXx
Christine Caple says
We love board games, and we love the TV programme, so I’m sure we would love this game.
Samantha Fernley says
I have seen this show and would love to play the game, usually, board games are played when my stepsons come over for the weekend.
Katy Malkin says
We love boardgames especially Scattergories and Cluedo. We haven’t played any of those games or watched the show but we’d love to have a go!
Rich Tyler says
Love board games, never seen show, would be ideal for family time
Kerry Smith says
This would make a great family game for Christmas
Susan B says
Yes, we enjoy family board games especially those which in the winner is based on chance rather than skill. I have never heard of Paul Lamond and I normally avoid anything with celeb photos. However, this one looks fum. Thanks.
Rebecca Powell says
This game looks great, we love the TV version and would love to give this a go
Sheila Reeves says
Love playing family board games, I have watched the tv show before and don’t think we have any Paul Lamond games at the minute. think this game would be great for our family,
Anthea Holloway says
Our family love playing board games but I have never heard of this one!
Pam Francis Gregory says
I love a game of Risk
EMma Kiff says
We love family board games and try to play at least 1 every weekend
Emma Louise Elliott says
I have never seen the show but this game looks great xxx
Hayley Todd says
We love playing board games as a family and we make sure we sit down together at least once a week to play games together! We would love this one!
amanda greensmith says
we play lots of board games but our favourite is monopoly
Jennifer Baker says
Love the games, never played this one though x
Rachel Craig says
Yes, no’yes. Good quiz show, fiancé loves watching the show.