I have decided that 2017 will be the year of travelling with my family. I really want to explore new places and bring along the girls with us too. We already have planned 3 trips for this year and I hope we will have more, even if they are just a weekend away. One of the things that I put on my to do list was to get hand luggage for the girls. I have always wanted to get a Trunki for them but I was waiting for Sienna to be in the perfect age for this so I can get them one each. So when Trunki contacted me and asked me to review their latest design Una the Unicorn Trunki, I was over the moon because I love their products and I really wanted to test them with my girls.
This is not the first time that we have reviewed a product from Trunki. We tested their Travel Toyboxes before and we were very pleased with them. I also explained a little bit about the company in that review so go and check it if you have some time so you can find out more about them. I love the fun factor with all Trunki products. I also have a little surprise for you. I’m excited to tell you that I am also running a GIVEAWAY of a Una the Unicorn Trunki for one of my lucky readers! Amazing, right? You can read more about the giveaway at the bottom of this post.
I’m sure most of you have heard of this hand luggage from Trunki. However, for those who have not heard of them, Trunki is a hand luggage sized ride-on suitcase. It is designed to beat the boredom suffered by children when travelling. They can pack it with all their favourite toys too. It is perfect for holidays abroad, weekend breaks, sleepovers and playing at home! They have also been hand luggage approved which is really useful (but it is recommended that you check with your airline before you fly just in case). So as you can see these suitcases are BRILLIANT!
I remember being at the airport in the past and seeing parents with small children using them to go around. I always thought they were a super cool idea as anything that could keep my girls entertained is a bonus for us when we travel. I think to have a suitcase where kids can put whatever they want during the journey and also be able to play with them: ride-on them, pull them, is a fantastic idea.
We were all super excited when we received the Unas as I wasn’t sure how this new design will be but they couldn’t be prettier. It comes with a silky rainbow tail and glittery horn and stickers which are perfect added play factors. OMG, the silky rainbow tail is a hit at home. My girls just love petting the tail. It is SO soft! I personally loved it too!
The glittery horn and stickers were such a great idea. There is nothing more entertaining for little kids than to be able to decorate your own hand luggage with really pretty stickers. They have rainbows, stars, suns, clouds, etc. Both my girls loved this. And they did a fantastic job as their Unas looked so beautiful after all the stickers.
Nick helped them to build the glittery horn. It comes with instructions on how to do this but it was quick and easy to do and they had their cool glittery horns on their Unas after a few minutes! Yay! Another thing that came with the Trunki was a plastic passport that they can fold so they can put all the fun activities that we can print from Trunki World. You only need to go there and register.
These suitcases are made from the same lightweight yet durable plastic as adult suitcases. They have been tested to assure that it will resist anything that a toddler could throw at them! That is why they are happy to include a 5-year guarantee with every Trunki you purchase. I was very happy with this.
They are recommended for ages 3+ but I have tried it with Sienna who is only 2.5 years old and it has been great. Although we needed to make sure she holds herself on the horns so she can be stable and safe when you are towing her.
- 18 litres capacity (Lots of space to pack toys and games)
- Secure lockable catches (Keep favourite possessions safe inside for the ride)
- Lightweight and durable (The same high-quality plastic as grown-up cases)
- Comfy saddle (Rest tired legs in queues)
- Horn grips for stability (Grab the horns to steer your Trunki)
- Tow strap with key (To make sure your contents are secure and never get lost)
- Carry handle (Easy to grab for a departure gate dash)
- Soft rubber trim (To protect little fingers while packing)
- Internal pocket (Keep treasures inside for easy access)
- Teddy bear seatbelts (Keep teddy safe with his very own seatbelt)
Apparently, they are great when you are at the airport as they will be able to ride on them and we will not need to have the pushchair around so it can be checked in with the other bags! I will be testing this for sure and I will let you know if it works for us.
The strap works as a pull handle as well as a shoulder strap. You only need to clip it to the other side of the suitcase. The strap keeps everything secure, and the case can also be locked when it’s in use so there’s no worry that it anything will fall out.
We are travelling away to Yorkshire for the half term so we can’t wait to test them properly during that trip and of course, we will be bringing them with us on all our booked trips and future trips from now on! So keep an eye out for more updates from us! 😉
Una the Unicorn Trunki has a retail prize of £39.99 and you can buy them from their website or from other retailers such as Argos, The Hut, etc.
Now onto the giveaway. I am running a giveaway so that one of you can WIN A FAB UNA THE UNICORN TRUNKI too. In order to have a chance to win, you just need to enter the giveaway below. Good luck!
*Terms & Conditions:
- Open to UK & Ireland residents.
- UK entrants over the age of 18 only.
- You can WIN A FAB UNA THE UNICORN TRUNKI
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 7 days of when the competition ends. If they do not respond within 10 days once notification is sent, another winner may be chosen.
- All times are GMT.
- There is no cash alternative.
- This set will be provided by TRUNKI.
- A Moment With Franca blog is not responsible for the delivery of the prize.
- Any damage to the prize is not A Moment With Franca Blog’s responsibility.
- Please allow 14 days for delivery.
- Incomplete or Duplicate entries will be deleted.
- Entrants must leave a means of contact: either twitter handle or email address.
- This Giveaway starts on Wednesday 1st February 2017 at midnight.
- This Giveaway closes on Wednesday 22nd February 2017 at midnight.
Do you own a Trunki? What do you normally use when travelling with your kids? What do you think of the new Una the Unicorn Trunki? Do you like the added play factors that come with it?
*Disclaimer: We received two Una The Unicorn Trunki for the purpose of this review. All opinions and thoughts are my own. I was also offered the opportunity to giveaway the same Trunki I received to one of my readers.
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
[do_widget id=”text-12″ title=false]
[do_widget id=”text-11″ title=false]
Linking up with: