A few weeks ago, Bella came back from school and she said: “I’m learning to play a new instrument at school and I love it“. I was curious to know which instrument was it, so I immediately asked her which one. She then replied: “The Ukelele and please I want one! Can you get one for me? I love it, mum! I thought she would say a guitar or piano! I haven’t had a close look at a Ukelele before so I was very interested to learn more about it. Coincidentally, First Act Discovery got in contact and asked us to review a Ukelele! This couldn’t be better timing! I immediately said yes after my daughter was so keen on learning to play a Ukelele.
First Act Discovery has also kindly offered a GIVEAWAY so one of my lovely readers can win a Ukelele too! So please check the details about this giveaway at the bottom of the post.
Nick knows how to play the guitar so I hope that he would help Bella with the Ukelele at home. I know it is not the same but the principle is the same. She is learning the basics at school but she needs to practice at home so having daddy around helping her and teaching her what he knows was a great combination.
The Ukelele has a distinctive sound. It is definitely different to the sound of a guitar but it is lovely in its own way. This ukelele is a real instrument which means that it is not a plastic toy.
ABOUT FIRST ACT
First Act is a musical lifestyle company headquartered in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay. First Act is the premier designer, marketer and supplier of musical products, instruments and accessories from cradle to college. First Act Discovery is where the music begins.
Their Discovery line for kids includes guitars, keyboards, ukuleles and more instruments, available in various colourful designs and licensed brands. First Act is powered by real musicians that help bring musical instruments with pro-features at a great value.
Their goal is to make music accessible to every kid, tween and teenager in the world! Their musical instruments are authentic, easy to play and fun.
- Black with Blue Stars design
- Soprano Ukulele
- Traditional soprano-sized body with great sound
- Easy to play nylon strings
- Tuneable, with guitar-style tuning gears
- Designed for kids to sound great
- Batteries Not Required
Bella really likes the Ukelele. She is enjoying learning how to play it properly at school. The Ukelele from First Act Discovery is aimed at children aged 8 years old and up.
It really looks pretty and with a high quality. It comes in different colours. Ours was the Black with Blue Stars design but they also have a White with blue butterflies one.
It needs to be tuned very often initially because of the new strings. I wasn’t sure if this is something that happens with all Ukeleles or if it was just a characteristic of this one. So far Nick has been helping her to tune it – he uses an app to do this as it makes it very easy. There are plenty of tuning app available for ios and android which will work on a smartphone or tablet.
PRICE & WHERE TO BUY
You can buy the Ukulele from the Smyths Toys website and it costs £14.99. Not bad price for a first real instrument that your kid can have.
This Ukelele is very cute. I am very glad Bella is enjoying it and she wants to properly play it. She can easily play some simple chords and can create lovely melodies with it. I was surprised when I heard her playing it the other day. I did a couple of stories which you can watch on my Instagram HERE. It is a fantastic little starter instrument for kids that love music or for kids that want to learn how to play an instrument.
Now onto the giveaway. I am running a giveaway so that one of you can Win A First Act Discovery Ukelele. In order to have a chance of winning, you just need to enter the giveaway below. Good luck!
*Terms & Conditions:
- Open to UK & Ireland residents only.
- UK entrants over the age of 18 only.
- You can Win A First Act Discovery Ukelele.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 7 days of when the competition ends. If they do not respond within 10 days once notification is sent, another winner may be chosen.
- All times are GMT.
- There is no cash alternative.
- This set will be provided by Jazwares
- Please allow 14 days for delivery.
- Incomplete or duplicate entries will be deleted.
- Entrants must leave a means of contact: either twitter handle or email address.
- By entering the prize draw, entrants are sending their personal information to Jazwares who will at all times process an entrant’s personal data in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998, The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as other applicable laws.
- This Giveaway starts on Monday 19th November 2018 at midnight.
- This Giveaway closes on Monday 10th December 2018 at midnight.
Do your kids play an instrument? Have they played the Ukelele?
*Disclosure: We received a Ukelele for the purpose of this review. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I also had the opportunity to give one Ukelele to one of my readers.
Have a look at all my other GIVEAWAYS
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Linking up with: