Not long ago I wrote a blog post about our “Morning at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home with Hasbro” where Bella and I learnt a lot about what they do there and what happens when a new dog arrives. It was such an interesting morning and we loved every minute of it! I mentioned in that post that we were given a FurReal Chatty Charlie The Barkin’ Beagle to keep and review so this post will be all about him! Before I do that, I am excited to say that Hasbro kindly gave us an extra Chattie Charlie for me to GIVEAWAY to one of my readers. How amazing is that? So, to find out more about the giveaway, please check the details at the bottom of this post.
Hasbro has partnered with Battersea Dogs & Cats Home to help people better understand the rehoming process and ‘paws’ for thought around welcoming a rescue dog into their home. I think this is a lovely partnership.
Bella is desperate to get a dog and is always asking for one. She really enjoyed the morning we spent at Battersea and kept asking if we could get one while we were there. Unfortunately, getting a dog is not part of our forseable plans so at least Bella has Chattie Charly for now!
She got the chance to have a good play with him that day and thought he was very cool! He is definitely a fun dog to have and be around! When we brought him home, Sienna was desperate to get her hands on him! I was surprised as she is a little bit cautious of dogs at the moment. She likes them and she would tell you that, but if she sees one near her, she can get a little bit nervous. She is getting better now though.
So, as she was so enthusiastic about it, Bella and I decided that we would let her help me with the review. She was so happy and asked me to get him out of the box straight away, LOL!
Unlike other plush toys, FurReal pets aren’t intended to be merely watched or collected; they’re designed to be played with, lived with, and loved. Their exciting and engaging play can help create unforgettable childhood memories. And this is the case with Chatty Charlie.
Chatty Charlie is one funny dog. This cuddly pup’s collar translates his barks into phrases so you can understand him. And with 80+ barks to phrases, he has a lot to say! His barks can mean anything from a friendly greeting (“Hello!”) to a little bit of attitude (“Are you talkin’ to me?”).
The way that he works is that his collar will light-up when he is translating his barks so then your little ones can understand him better. They won’t have a proper conversation though as he will say different things that will not be as a result of a direct interaction from your child.
This talkative puppy is such fun to play with! He responds to sounds and touch and loves to be cuddled. This is something that Sienna particularly loves doing: giving him lots of cuddles! It is so sweet to watch!
If your child waves his/her hand in front of him, he may move his ears as he tries to hide his face. This is perhaps a shy moment for him! And if your kids pet his back, he will wag his tail. It is very cute!
Chatty Charlie is definitely a pup with personality. Here are some examples of the phrases that he might say:
- “Yum! Something smells delicious!” – Perhaps he is revealing a healthy appetite
- “Who did that? Wasn’t me!” – perhaps here he is showing a mischievous nature
- “Do you like my singing? I’m getting ready for my big audition!” – And here, interestingly enough, he perhaps has plans for a show business career!
- “Let’s play” – he is having a playful moment
- “I need a hug” – if your little ones hug him he will then say that they are awesome.
Please note that Chatty Charlie requires batteries to make him interact with you, He needs 4 x 1.5v AA alkaline batteries. Demo batteries are included. He comes with an on/off button so you can stop him from interacting and turn him off. However, if you have it on, he will stop interacting after realising that there is no touch or sound around him.
Chatty Charlie is recommended for ages 4 years old and over. He has an RRP of £59.99. You can buy Chatty Charlie from Smyths or Amazon. Please see Amazon details below:
Chatty Charlie is adorable. Both my girls have played with him. Lately it is more Sienna than Bella so I think it must be even more appealing for younger kids. We love his gorgeous big green eyes. He has so many different phrases to say that you will never get bored. He is a fantastic addition to any family, so I am sure he will be very popular around Christmas!
Now onto the giveaway. I am running a giveaway so that one of you can Win A Hasbro FurReal Chatty Charlie The Barkin’ Beagle. In order to have a chance of winning, you just need to enter the giveaway below. Good luck!
*Terms & Conditions:
- Open to UK & Ireland residents.
- UK entrants over the age of 18 only.
- You can Win A Hasbro FurReal Chatty Charlie The Barkin’ Beagle
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 7 days of when the competition ends. If they do not respond within 10 days once notification is sent, another winner may be chosen.
- All times are GMT.
- There is no cash alternative.
- This set will be provided by A Moment With Franca
- Please allow 14 days for delivery.
- Incomplete or duplicate entries will be deleted.
- Entrants must leave a means of contact: either twitter handle or email address.
- This Giveaway starts on Wednesday 27th September 2017 at midnight.
- This Giveaway closes on Wednesday 18th October 2017 at midnight.
Have you heard of the Hasbro FurReal range? What do you think of Chatty Charlie? Will you get one? Will he be on your children’s Christmas lists?
*Disclaimer: We were given a Chattie Charlie as part of our role at the Hasbro Toy Tribe. We were also given another one that we are using to run this giveaway. Contains affiliate links.
Have a look at all my other GIVEAWAYS
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Linking up with: