I had the amazing opportunity to review this great looking food stand mixer from Savisto. As most of you know as I have mentioned it many times, I’m really no cook or baker, so I was a bit apprehensive about testing this mixer. I’m grateful however that I actually said yes as WOW this mixer was AMAZING. It was so easy to use and the Lemon Drizzle Cake was to die for!
I decided to make a video of me using the mixer to show you how quick and easy it was to make this Drizzle Lemon Cake. You can see the video below:
- 3-in-1 food stand mixer complete with beater, dough hook and whisk attachments, a transparent splash guard and a silicone spatula.
- A large capacity, 5.5 litre stainless steel mixing bowl is included.
- The bowl can be locked in place to prevent spillages, or fully removed and carried with a convenient handle.
- Boasts an impressive 800 watt motor with the ability to push to 1260 watts when under heavy load; with 6 speed settings and a pulse mode
- Featuring a transparent splash guard with an ingredient chute to keep your worktop and mixing machine clean from any mess and four anti-slip feet to ensure stability during the mixing process.
- Dimensions (with bowl): 450mm Width / 320mm Height / 233mm Depth.
- This product comes with a two year manufacturer’s guarantee as standard (registration required).
LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE RECIPE
- Requires Beater
- Serves 10
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 225g (8oz) self-raising flour
- 225 (8 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 225g (8 oz) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon. grated and tested
- 85g (3 Oz) caster sugar
- 11/2 lemons juiced
- Place the butter and caster sugar into the mixer bowl and beat on speed 2 until the ingredients combine to form a pale and creamy mixture. Add the eggs, one at at time, mixing on speed 1 until incorporated into the mix. Sift in the flour and mix on speed 2-3 until incorporated
- Finely grate the lemon and add the zest to the mixer bowl. Mix on speed 3 until combined
- Preheat your over to 180C/350F/gas4
- Line a 21cm x 8cm loaf tin with baking parchment and spoon in the cake mixture, making sure to level the top with the back of the spoon
- Bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool for a few minutes in the cake tin.
- To make the drizzle topping, attach the whisk to the mixer and pour the caster sugar and lemon juice into the mixer bowl. Whisk on speed 4 until the ingredients combine
- Prick the top of the cake with a fork. Pour the drizzle over while the cake is still warm in the tin. Leave to cool completely and serve.
I really enjoyed baking the lemon drizzle cake and it was a big surprise when I found out that it tasted so nice which meant the cake was eaten in a day! Now I can say that I can bake thanks to Savisto! 😉
This food stand mixer has an RPP of £95.99. I know it is not cheap but none of these mixers are, especially if they come with so many functions! You can find more about Savisto on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or YouTube.
Are you familiar with Savisto? What do you think of their Food Stand Mixer? Do you have something similar at home? Would you consider a gadget like this? Please leave a comment below as I would love to hear what you think.
*Disclaimer: I received the Food Stand Mixer for the purpose of this review but all opinions and thoughts are my own.
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Victoria Prince says
I’ve heard of Savisto before but I don’t know anything about them. Not sure what I’d buy with the voucher yet, there are so many fab looking products I’m having a hard time choosing 🙂
Susan Smith says
I havent heard of Savisto before but now i have done the search i am impressed on what products they have, so if i was to win i would get a spiraliser
Christine Caple says
I haven’t heard of them before, and they have so many lovely things I’m not sure what I would choose!
Rachel Butterworth says
I’ve never heard of Savisto before. I’d love an ice cream maker.
I have heard of them but never looked at their products before. They have some really great stuff and the prices are very reasonable. I think I would use the voucher towards the mixer that you used here.
jessica cook says
I have heard of them before and would love to buy a coffee grinder
Sheri Darby says
I haven’t heard of them, but their stand mixer looks wonderful and I have never owned one
Serena La Pietra says
I’d love a mixer just like in the picture. The things I could do with that…. Thanks doll.
Anthea Holloway says
I hadn’t heard of Savisto before and it looks like a quality brand. I would by the 4-in-1 juicer if I were lucky enough to win.
Mary Baldwin says
I have heard of Savisto, but not seen either good or bad feedback. I’d love a mixer as I’m increasingly baking and this would both help save time and, I think, improve my results.
Rebecca Powell says
I haven’t heard of Savisto before but I would love to get a mixer
frances hopkins says
https://www.savisto.com/savisto-cast-iron-reversible-griddle-plate-with-non-stick-coating I’d love this
olivia Kirby says
I haven’t heard of them. Gadgets I’m after are a waffle maker and a new kettle
Mark Whittaker says
I have heard of them , I’ve a set of their Mill grinders . Just wanted to say well done on the drizzle cake . Its the first thing I ever baked as a child and, despite being a pretty reasonable baker, I still cannot get the damn things right !!
Laura Harrison says
I have heard of Savisto before. I would put it towards the 1.5 Ltr Homemade Ice Cream Maker With Digital Display. Thank you for the chance xxc
Lynsey Buchanan says
I have never heard of Savisto before I would love a new waffle maker
Leila Benhamida says
This is a wonderful recipe. I am familiar with Savisto products. I own quite few kitchen gadget mysel. I will get a picnic basket from they gift section. Will love for them to extend their kitchen section.
paula cheadle says
I have never heard of Savisto before, I am not sure what I would buy, because there is so much that I just want, and some stuff that I could do with, so I am unsure at the moment
Sian jameson says
Would love a mixer. Thank you
Jean Vaughan says
I have heard of Savisto and would love to get a hand mixer now arthritis is creeping into my hands. I love baking for family and friends and it would enable me to continue the hobby I enjoy most.
Jennifer Toal says
I haven’t got a mixer so one of these would be super
joanne casey says
I’ve recently heard of Savisto, some great products. I’d love a new stand mixer, my old one stopped working
kim neville says
Had not heard of before. Like their Savisto 4-in-1 800W Power Juicer with Digital LCD Display
Ali Duke says
I haven’t heard of them before, but the range looks fab. I would let hubby choose what we bought as he does all the cooking, so he knows what we need lol x
Catherine Macnab says
The mixer you used to make the drizzle cake looks great
I’d seen similar mixers, but I’d not heard of Savisto before today