UPDATE – I have some FANTASTIC NEWS! Hamswan has kindly given one Makeup Mirror as a GIVEAWAY to a lucky winner. Full details of the Hamswan Makeup Mirror giveaway can be found at the bottom of this post.
I have been searching for the best makeup mirror over the past few months, so I am so happy to tell you that my search has now ended and that I have finally found the mirror for me! You can’t imagine how excited I am! I was so happy to be contacted by Hamswan to review this amazing makeup mirror!
When the mirror arrived, I opened it and tried it straight away. I had an event later that day so it was the perfect day to try out this mirror by using it when I put my makeup on.
Before you read the full review below, please watch a short video that I made where I talk you through all the features of this mirror:
• 1 x Makeup Mirror
• 1 x USB Cable
• 1 x User Manual
• Power Supply: 4 x AAA batteries or USB connection
• Frame Material: ABS
• Light Resource: 21pcs LED light
• Rotatable Angle: 180 degree
• Switch Type: Touch switch
• Cable Length: 1M
• Product Size: 10.8*6.4*4.5inch (Folded) 13.38*9.45*4.5inch (Opened)
- Fashionable look and magnification
- So convenient to take with you anywhere
- 2X and 3X magnification mirrors
- Foldable, detachable and rotatable
- Rectangular shape provides more of a viewing area than the round ones.
- In the pub or car or the darkness, LED makeup mirror can help you finish makeup anytime
- Premium eye-care LED light, gives out light evenly to ensure better eye protection.
One of the things that I lack a lot in my house is light, especially in my bedroom. It can be quite dark so I have been constantly complaining about this issue and of course, it affects the way I apply my makeup because I cannot see very well. Having a mirror with a light was something I had in mind to get for a long time.
The thing about this mirror is that it doesn’t only come with a light, it actually comes with 21 LED bulbs which you can light up or dim down depending on your needs in that particular moment. The light it produces is not too bright which is great for when you are applying your makeup. This for me is one of the best features.
The lights are adjustable and are activated by a one-touch action. The power button is very soft to press. One long push adjusts different lightings to help you do your makeup in varying lighting areas. This is very useful.
The lights are located on the main mirror in the centre and the lights have a dual power supply, so they can be powered by using 4 x AAA batteries or by a USB cable. This is great when you are on the go. USB travel chargers are popular nowadays so having the option to plug the USB cable into your travel charger wherever you are is a massive help!
It comes in two parts: the stand (base) and the main mirror (top). You only need to click the mirror into the stand and that will put them together and it will be ready to use.
This mirror adopts eco-friendly thickened ABS and glass materials to ensure it is safe, looks great and importantly, it is lightweight. It is so easy to carry around. It honestly doesn’t weight anything. On the back of the mirror, you will find the on/off switch and the area to plug in your USB cable too.
The mirror is fully rotatable, this means that it rotates 180 degrees and can be fixed at any position, so this makeup mirror gives you different view angles for the best makeup.
The mirror has two side mirrors that swing out in a tri-fold function which makes it even bigger and better to see your full profile. When you open the mirror you will notice it has 4 mirrors in total. So you have the central mirror and two side mirrors. The central mirror and the right mirror have a regular mirror which is great for doing your makeup or your hair.
The left side mirror is split into two sections which have a 2x and 3x magnification spot mirror. The one on the top left has 2 times magnification and the one on the bottom left has 3 times magnification which is great for applying a detailed eyeliner or when you are tweezing your eyebrows. It can also be great for putting on your lipstick, contact lenses, powder or even for men it could be great for shaving.
So as you can see this mirror has all the features you need to make your make up spotless. It could be a great gift for your loved one or for treating yourself!
I have great news for you all. Hamswan has kindly given me a 5% discount code FRANCAD5 to use for all Hamswan products! This code is valid until July 2018! Fantastic, right? You can apply it when you do your checkout HERE.
I really love this mirror. It has definitely changed the way I apply my makeup. It is great that it comes with LED lights and that some parts of the mirror have x2 and x3 magnification spots. This is perfect for me. It is great that you can turn on the lights with batteries or by using a travel charger which makes it helpful when travelling. This is particularly useful given how compact and foldable the mirror is.
Overall, this mirror is perfect for me! It has all I need to apply my makeup. I am so happy and I highly recommend it!
Now onto the giveaway. I am running a giveaway so that ONE of you can Win a Hamswan Makeup Mirror. In order to have a chance of winning, you just need to enter the giveaway below. Good luck!
*Terms & Conditions:
- Open to UK & Ireland residents only.
- UK entrants over the age of 18 only.
- You can Win a Hamswan Makeup Mirror
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 7 days of when the competition ends. If they do not respond within 10 days once notification is sent, another winner may be chosen.
- All times are GMT.
- There is no cash alternative.
- This set will be provided by Hamswan
- Please allow 14 days for delivery.
- Incomplete or duplicate entries will be deleted.
- Entrants must leave a means of contact: either twitter handle or email address.
- By entering the giveaway, you agree to your email address being collected and shared with Hamswan for promotional purposes as well as added to their newsletter. Your email address will NOT be shared with any third parties
- This Giveaway starts on Tuesday 23rd January 2018 at midnight.
- This Giveaway closes on Tuesday 13th February 2018 at midnight.
- Entry to this confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
Do you have a makeup mirror? What do you think of this mirror? Do you like its features? Would you like to get one too?
*Disclosure: This is a collaboration with Hamswan. However, all the thoughts and opinions are my own. It contains affiliate links.
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Linking up with:
Jennifer Baker says
I dont have a proper make up mirror, I just use the mirror in the bathroom alot of the time. I’d love this one, I like the lights. I will definitely get one for my new dressing table x x x
Paula t says
Currently using a mini one from Poundland (despicable I know!!) it’s absolutely rubbish. My teenager seems to have borrowed mine forever but it’s not as good as this one. I’d love it xxx
Sandra Fortune says
Love this mirror I have a round one but this would be much better as you would see the sides as well . Great giveaway thank you for the chance to win
Lorna Wil says
Would be fantastic to hAve a make up miror. Never had onebefore!
Kate Davies says
I dont have a make up mirror so this would be perfect for seeing clearly what I’mm doing.
Natalie Crossan says
I had one so similar and a day after I bought it I dropped it, I was so sad!
Tammy Neal says
No I don’t own a mirror x