I don’t normally talk about too personal topics on my blog but this one really excites me because it has definitely changed the way I handle my period and trust me, this has been a game-changer for me! I have always struggled with long and heavy periods but since I had my girls and reached my forties my period got worst so when I was approached by Modibodi, a sustainable, reusable, leak-proof period underwear, to try their underwear, I straight away said yes. I also have great news because I am running a GIVEAWAY for one of my lovely readers to Win A Pair Of Modibodi Underwear. Find out all the details at the bottom of this post.
Modibodi, based in Australia, developed exclusive patented technologies that make up the way the underwear works, including the patented Modifier Technology™ and the patent pending Modifier Swim Technology, to bring women all over the globe a range of leak-proof, lightweight and stylish underwear.
According to CEO and Founder, Kristy Chong “Modibodi™ gives women the freedom to live life in a fearless, sustainable and fashionable way. From periods, to discharge, to light bladder leakage and even mummy breast milk leaks, my aim was to make underwear and swimwear that was fashionable but utilised technology to offer protection and a more sustainable choice.”
How it Works
Modibodi features a three-layer component; the top layer quickly wicks away moisture, fights bacteria and stops odors, a middle layer quickly absorbs fluid and locks it away (up to 20 mls absorbency) and the third bottom layer gives you extra leak-proof protection, ensuring you are at your most secure and confident, with no leaking through to clothes, which means total freedom.
- it’s reusable
- You can choose from 4 different absorbencies
- Uses high quality natural fabrics and breathable tech-savvy blends (Bamboo, Merino Perform Wool and Microfibre) with the latest in antimicrobial fibres for a soft, silky fit.
- Stain resistant
- Fast drying
- Odour free
Sensual Hi-Waist Bikini Heavy Overnight
Classic Bikini Light Moderate
At the start, I am not going to lie, I was very hesitant as I wasn’t sure if it will work. I have never tried something like that before but I was tired of running out of pads and having to deal with it every single month as well as the inevitable accidents that come from heavy periods. I also wanted to contribute to the environment helping to reduce the amount of single-use products that end up in UK landfills.
I have tried them for 2 sets of periods now and being in lockdown has helped with this as I didn’t need to get out as I wanted to make sure it works properly before I am ready to try them outside. I am blown away as to how great this product is. I can’t believe how much it absorbs, especially the one with heavy overnight absorbency. I have not had any leaks, I cannot smell anything and it is very comfortable. And the best part it actually looks great!
How to take care of your Modibodi Garment
After using it, you should rinse in cold water until the water runs clear. You should not soak it. Then put it in the washing machine in cold water. You must not use fabric softener and do not tumble dry. You should leave it to air dry. It will take longer to dry for the underwear that has heavy absorbency.
I am so happy with my Modibodi underwear that I am definitely going to get more to cover the full time that my period run. I am now feeling much better approaching my period days. As I mentioned above, it really is a complete game-changer for me. I can definitely recommend you to try it too. The full range can be found at www.modibodi.co.uk with prices ranging from £15.50 to £25 for underwear collections and the swimwear starting at £72.
Now onto the giveaway. I am running a giveaway so that one of you can Win A Pair Of Modibodi Underwear in your size. In order to have a chance of winning, you just need to enter the giveaway below. Good luck!
NOTE: Please note that due to the current situation posting can take longer than expected.
*Terms & Conditions:
- Open to UK & Ireland residents only.
- UK entrants over the age of 18 only.
- You can Win A Pair Of Modibodi Underwear.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 7 days of when the competition ends. If they do not respond within 10 days once a notification is sent, another winner may be chosen.
- All times are GMT.
- There is no cash alternative.
- This set will be provided by Modibodi
- Please allow 14 days for delivery.
- Incomplete or duplicate entries will be deleted.
- Entrants must leave a means of contact: either twitter handle or email address.
- By entering the prize draw, entrants are sending their personal information to Modibodi who will at all times process an entrant’s personal data in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998, The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as other applicable laws.
- This Giveaway starts on Friday 24th April 2020 at midnight.
- This Giveaway closes on Friday 15th May 2020 at midnight.
What do you think of Modibodi? Which collection will you choose?
*Disclosure: I received a pair of Modibodi underwear for the purpose of this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I also had the opportunity to give a pair of Modibodi underwear to one of my readers.
Have a look at all my other GIVEAWAYS
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Linking up with: