We love toys and we are always happy to test new ones of course. We have received a new fidget toy called MOKURU which we think could be the next big toy to hit the market. I can see everybody, kids and adults, playing with it during the summer. MOKURU is a unique & inventive desk toy that’s easy to flip, roll and do tricks with, giving you endless possibilities of fun! But could it be more or anything close to as popular as the fidget spinner? The best part is that you will be able to answer this question yourself as they are kindly letting me GIVEAWAY one of three MOKURU fidget toys for three of my lovely readers to win too. Check the bottom of this post to find out more about it.
Before you read the full review, watch our video to give you an idea of how this toy can be lots of fun for you and your kids!
Designer Masakazu Node has worked hard to ‘create the perfect size, shape and materials’ for MOKURU. In Japan, “wood” translates to “moku”, and “flipping” translates to “kuru”. That is how they came up with the name, “MOKURU”. This Japanese balance toy tests the concentration and hand-eye coordination skills for individuals of all ages.
It’s currently the latest big thing in Japan as well as a big hit in many markets around the world. The design team behind MOKURU launched their Kickstarter campaign to introduce a handheld, wooden desk toy that was designed to help individuals test their balance and concentration skills in a fun way.
It is small enough to fit in a pocket or purse, so you can take it anywhere which is very practical. This toy is crafted with quality beech wood. It has a simple design with endless possibilities that will test your creativity.
It is now available in green (Matcha), orange (Kirin), white (Byakko), red (Suzaku), blue (Seiryu), black (Genbu) and yellow (Inazuma)! The last one is the one we got.
When we found out that we would be receiving one to test, we were all very excited because we wanted to see if it would be even more addictive than the fidget spinner. As soon as it arrived, we gave it a try. Bella was very keen to give it a go. It is not easy to play with at all. It takes time to get the hang of it. But when you manage it is an amazing feeling. It is very relaxing.
I must admit that I was rubbish at it but surprisingly, Bella was pretty good. She just kept playing until she got it. She can now do some of the basic moves.
HOW TO PLAY
1. BASIC LEVEL
The Basic Level is simple. Use your hands to balance and flip MOKURU left to right and up and down
- Basic-Flip – Use one finger to flip MOKURU from left to right
- Basic-Square – Flip MOKURU at 4 points to draw a square
- Basic- Triangle – Flip MOKURU at 3 points to draw a triangle
2. ADVANCED LEVEL
After you are familiar with the basics, you can try practising advanced skills by creating more shapes and moves.
- Advance – Flip & Hold – Use one finger to flip MOKURU from left to right. Catch and hold it on your hand after you flip MOKURU.
- Advance – Flip & Kiss – Use one MOKURU to flip another MOKURU from left to right or up and down.
- Advance – Big Square – Use two MOKURU to create squares with both hands.
3. EXPERT LEVEL
Once you have mastered the Basic and Advanced levels, you can then try the expert moves, compete with your friends or invent new moves.
- Expert – AIR TRAPEZE – Use one finger to flip MOKURU from left to right. Catch and hold it on your hand after you flip MOKURU. Turn it 360 degrees and make it stand up straight
- Expert – TWIN: Use two MOKURU and move them in tandem with one hand.
- Expert – FIVE MOVES: Use five MOKURU and move them in tandem with one hand. Balancing each MOKURU is an exceptionally difficult challenge!
Once you and your friends are familiar with the BASIC moves, you can work together to play and create group movements.
- Multi-play Versus – On a large table, flip the MOKURU back and forth between one another.
- Multi-play Marathon – With three or more friends, keep flipping the MOKURU down the table continuously.
We have only been able to do the basic moves for now but I think if we keep practising we might be able to improve and get to a higher level. It is very addictive, so you will see yourself playing all the time. Both my girls like it, even Sienna likes to just push it from one side to the other one.
One of the things my girls have done a lot is to sit facing each other and then push it towards each other. That seems to have kept them entertained for a while. I think this toy will be perfect to take with us on holiday because it is small and will fit anywhere. They could play while waiting in the airport.
It has been brought to the owner’s attention that there are many infringements of MOKURU on the market. Only the toys from MOKURU are the real ones which have been designed and engineered to ensure they have perfect balance and are all made from good quality materials.
WHERE TO BUY
MOKURU will be distributed in the UK and Ireland exclusively by Peterkin. It will be available from SMYTHS Toys and Amazon from today. You can also find MOKURU in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can also use #Mokuru to read what other people are saying about Mokuru.
See below Amazon details:
We thought it was a fun and interesting toy to play with. Of course, it is not easy but as I mentioned earlier, you should be able to at least master the basic moves with just a bit of practice. It is definitely very addictive because you want to keep trying until you nail it. My eldest, who is 7, thought it was a lot of fun to play with and from all of us, she is the one who has been playing with it the most. We all think it will be very popular and we could be seeing a lot of kids playing with this toy during the Summer and the coming months.
Now onto the giveaway. I am running a giveaway so that one of you can WIN ONE OF THREE MOKURU FIDGET TOYS. In order to have a chance of winning, you just need to enter the giveaway below. Good luck!
*Terms & Conditions:
- Open to UK & Ireland residents.
- UK entrants over the age of 18 only.
- You can WIN ONE OF THREE MOKURU FIDGET TOYS. The colours will be chosen randomly so please be aware that you could get any colour.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 7 days of when the competition ends. If they do not respond within 10 days once notification is sent, another winner may be chosen.
- All times are GMT.
- There is no cash alternative.
- This set will be provided by MOKURU
- Please allow 14 days for delivery.
- Incomplete or duplicate entries will be deleted.
- Entrants must leave a means of contact: either twitter handle or email address.
- This Giveaway starts on Wednesday 16th August 2017 at midnight.
- This Giveaway closes on Wednesday 6th September 2017 at midnight.
What do you think of this toy? Will you be getting one for you or your kids? Do you think you could do all the moves I have listed?
Have a look at all my other GIVEAWAYS
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Linking up with: