I recently told you about my goals for 2016 and of those, the first goal for this year is losing weight. In order to achieve this I’m now testing the Slimpod Gold Program from Thinking Slimmer which is a 12 week program.
I have been following this programme every day (well, most of the days as there were days that I forgot) but I have been trying to be consistent with my listening. I have also been writing down things that are happening to me since I started listening to the pod. I was a little bit apprehensive about this program at the beginning as it sounds too easy to be true as you are not following a specific diet to actually lose weight but instead listening to a recording. The interesting part of this pod is that it goes straight to your unconsciousness. When you listen, which is for about 9 minutes every day, all the information is provided and it helps you to later choose healthier options meaning that without realising it, you start losing weight because of this change in the way you think.
I’m not going to tell you that you magically stop thinking about foods that are bad for you but it definitely helps you to choose a healthier meal. Anyway, enough with all of this and lets go straight to the facts. These are all the effects that I have been feeling since I have started listening this pod:
- Drinking more water: this is something really interesting as I wasn’t drinking enough water lately. I had gotten into a horrible habit of just not choosing water as my first option for a drink. This was really bothering me for a while as I know how important it is to drink lots of water. This happened to me the next day after listening to the pod for the first time. I thought it was strange to get that effect so quickly but since then I am only drinking water at home. If I’m out and about I order a juice, always with water aside.
- Stop drinking diet coke: this goes along with the previous fact. I have been having for a long time one can of decaf diet coke. I only had just one but then it has been increasing to 2 or even 3 per day lately which was of course really bad and it was not just the decaf diet cole but the diet coke, so even worse. This happened to me the same day as with the water. I stopped having a can of coke together with my meals for good. I haven’t had coke since the day after I started listening to the pod for the first time. For me this is just amazing as coke is just so bad for you.
- Less snacking: I was so pleased when I stopped having lots of snacks every day. Now I have reduced it to one at mid morning and another one at mid afternoon. I’m very happy with this as if you are not careful you can really snack all day long.
- No more chocolates: I literally haven’t had any chocolate since I’m doing this. It is so strange but I don’t even think about it.
- Pudding: I failed with this a little bit because we went to a birthday party and I had cake, 🙁 I know!! What a shame but it was just so good to say no. lol
- Fruit Smoothies: I used to do this a lot before I was pregnant with Sienna but then I stopped. Last week, it was just so weird. I just kind of fancied it and prepared my first smoothie and I loved it. A very simple one: banana, strawberries and orange juice. All fresh. No sugar added. So now I’m doing this at least every other day if possible. It fills me and makes a good mid morning snack.
- More Active: the Slimpod Gold Program also comes with a Fitpod that motivates you to be more active. This was also part of my goals for 2016 . I really want to be more active as it would definitely help me on my journey to lose weight. Things have kind of happened in a way that have helped me to be able to be more active as I have been picking Bella up from school since the new term started (previously someone from school who lived nearby did this but they are no longer able to). The interesting thing here is before I would’ve chosen to use the car as I would’ve been too lazy to walk but this time I had some strength and will power that seemed to naturally push me to walk to the school with Sienna in the pushchair. I have been doing this all the time now and it feels great although it is damn freezing out there at the moment!!
- Eating out: on Sunday we went out for lunch with the girls. I was actually very hungry as we left late so it was about 1:30 pm when we ate. I’d also had breakfast very early so was I was really ready to eat. When we arrived, we asked for the menu which had lots of yummy options but for some reason I ordered meat with veggies and a little bit of smashed potato. The meal was very nice and tasty but it was a big surprise to myself when I didn’t feel to finish the whole plate. It was a big portion but in another moment I would’ve eaten everything.
- Thinking about Food: food is not one of my priorities anymore. I honestly can be hours without thinking that I’m hungry. I even check the time sometimes and I’m surprised that its lunchtime or dinner time already. This is great because the day passes quicker and I’m not eating all day.
- Used train instead of the car: I’m normally very lazy sometimes and if you ask me to choose between the car or walk and use the public transport I will say no, I’ll drive. This is the lazy answer right? Well the other day I had to take Bella to the hospital for an appointment and we would’ve normally gone in the car but I decided I would use the overground this time. It was nice to choose the more active option instead of driving.
When I started this programme I signed a contract to myself and I wrote down 3 goals that I would like to achieve by the end of the 12 weeks. These 3 goals are:
- Drop one UK size. I’m now using size 12 and I would like to return to size 10.
- Do 4 laps around the park. I haven’t started this yet, but I will do when Sienna is properly settled at nursery.
- Be healthier. I would definitely like to choose healthier options.
I’m planning to check my weight every Sunday if I can. I did this last Sunday and apparently I have lost 600 grams. I know it is not a lot but I would rather see the numbers stay or go down rather than go up, so that for me is great!
Well this is all I can say about my first update. I can say it looks good so far. Let’s hope it keeps that way.
Have you heard of the Slimpods from Thinking Slimmer? What do you think about them? Do you think this is something that you would try? What do you think about my first Progress Update? Leave me a comment below as I’m very curious to read what your thoughts are.
*Disclaimer: I received the Slimpod Gold program to try for the period of 12 weeks but everything else is my truly honest opinion. There are included some affiliates links.
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️