First of all I would like to say Happy New Year 2016!! I really hope that all of you lovely people had a great 2015 and I wish you a fantastic year 2016. I have never really written down a list of the goals that I would like to achieve in the new year before. This year I thought that it could be interesting to do this, which will help me to stay focused during the year and I will also be able to check back at the end of year to see if I have achieved any of my goals.
I would like to do a list of my personal goals first and then I would like to do a list of my blogging goals. I have been blogging since May last year so I didn’t have the chance to do my goals last year so this is a first for 2016.
1. Losing Weight: this is so ironic as before I was pregnant with Sienna I lost 13 kilos trying to be in perfect condition to conceive. During the whole pregnancy I had a perfect healthy weight, which I never went over. The first 3 months after giving birth I lost very quickly the baby weight but then I don’t know why or what happened but I slowly started to gain weight and it has been that way until now so I have stupidily gained back all the 13 kilos that I had lost previously. This really annoys me as I kept a good healthy weight for a while. This year I want to definitely get back to my pre pregnancy weight and start feeling myself again.
2. Do more exercise: I was also walking a lot and doing about 4 laps around the park. I stopped this half way through my pregnancy and I haven’t had the time or the energy to go back to it, so this year I would like to do this again. Sienna is starting nursery in February which is located inside the park so I’m planning to take her to the nursery walking and then do my 4 laps. I’ll also do another walk when I pick her up. I have to admit that I have been guilty of my own comfort and laziness as I was picking up Bella from school in the car when her school is just walking distance from us although the problem is also that the weather in this country is not very helpful as there are much more rainy days than dry days. This time I will do my best to stick to the walking.
3. Organise my chores: I need to have a plan of my chores for the week. Each day I should be doing one different thing during certain hours.
4. As soon as I wake up, get a a shower and change: this is something that I would like to do every day as I need to get advantage of when Nick is still at home in the morning as as soon as he leaves I have Sienna with me all the time and I can’t do this until I put her to sleep for her nap so I can gain time doing this.
5. Do a couple of family holidays: I hope we can get away for at least a couple of times this year and enjoy some quality time together as a family.
6. Other Goals: It would be nice to change our car and move to a bigger house if possible. We’re not sure at this stage as there is a lot to work out and consider so I’m putting these under ‘Other Goals’ for now.
1. Earn from my blog: I would love to be able to have my blog as my main way of income. At the moment I’m starting to get some sponsored posts and other paid opportunities so I would like to improve that even more.
2. Grow my social media reach: At the moment I have a social media reach of almost 9k which is good after blogging for 7 months. This is combining twitter, facebook, instagram, pinterest, youtube, bloglovin and email subscriptions. My strongest social media is twitter with more than 4k followers, then instagram and facebook with more than 1k followers each. My Youtube is doing well with more than 800 followers. I would love if I can double the amount of all my social media combined by the end of this year. It feels like a tough challenge. Fingers crossed it goes well.
3. Improve my stats: At the moment my monthly views are more than 9k and I have more than 3k users. I would love to double this to about 18k per month. Will this be unrealistic? I guess I will only know at the end of the year. My Klout is 70 at the moment but fluctuates between 68 and 70. I would love to get more than 70 if possible. My DA at the moment is 28 and I really would like to have it above 30 if possible. I hope I can manage to achieve this.
4. Be more organised: this is something that I really need to crack as without having things organised I won’t be able to succeed. I need to get a weekly plan.
5. Get my blog income and expenses in order: I want to earn a living from my blog so I guess at some point I will need to get this sorted so I’m preparing a spreadsheet to get everything that I have done organised.
6. Grow my linky: for those who don’t know I run a linky calls #KCACOLS (Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sundays) which it has been on for about 8 weeks. It is my first linky and I have been so grateful to have lovely people who want to join in and also come back every week. I love that this is now becoming a little community. I would like to grow this more.
7. Join more linkies: I would like to set aside some time to join other linkies more. It is not easy for me at the moment having my own linky but at least I would like to stick with 3 per week if possible. The ideal scenario will be to join one linky per day. I would try to do that.
8. Guest posts: I would like to do this both ways. I mean I would like to have guest posts in somebody else’s blog and I would like to have guest posts in my blog. I would need to do some thinking about having a series theme for that.
9. GET A BALANCE LIFE: this is the most important goal as it combines everything (personal and blogging goals). I really want to get some time off blogging during the year to relax and recharge batteries. I have recently published a post about Time to Disconnect and I’m seriously thinking that I need to disconnect more often this year.
So these are my goals for this year. Let’s see how it goes. Fingers crossed it turns out a good year. Wish me luck! 😉
Have you done a list of goals for this year? If yes what are your goals for 2016? Please leave a comment as I would love to read what your goals are.
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Becky, Cuddle Fairy says
I have a lot of the same goals as you for 2016. I can’t believe you’ve only been blogging for 7 months! You are seriously rocking the blog! I’m blown away by your views & Tots 100 rank! Well done Franca!! I too want to find balance with blog & life & also start making money. I have a ways to go to reach your page views per month, but that’s one of my goals for this year. I’m sure you will achieve all of your goals! All the best to you for 2016 x #KCACOLS
Best of luck with your goals. You’ve done so well in just 7 months.
Wow! You certainly have a busy year ahead! What a great way to get yourself organised. I’m pretty impressed with your current blogging stats. After 3 months of blogging, I’m nowhere near those sorts of numbers. A little bigger jealousy right here! Good Luck! And Happy New Year!
Trista, Domesticated Momster says
My biggest goal for me this year is to get my health in check. I want more energy to spend on my kids. I want to be less aggravated and more motivated. Next would be to do some decorating around this house of ours. We have lived here almost 2 years and I still have so much wall space to put stuff up. I especially realized this goal after taking down all the Christmas decor and how bare the house looked afterwards. As for the blog I have done good with starting a weekly post planner and trying to stay ahead each week. Seems like writing things down works best for me. Thank you for hostessing #KCACOLS
Sounds as though a lot of your goals are very similar to mine!Mine are about losing weight and getting myself organised so fingers crossed we both achieve them xx #kcacols
Nicky Kentisbeer says
I am there with you on 1, 2 and 4. In fact I thought I was the worlds worst No 4 offender! It didn’t even make it on to my list though. Your stats are amazing, very deserved. I’ve also done a separate blog list. Loads to do there. I’m also finishing work at beginning of Feb so hopefully have some more time to do my stuff before searching for a new job. I’ve gone for something different this year with my resolutions which I picked up from a motivational coach. Thought I needed to shake it all up a bit. Good luck with your goals and monetising your blog further. The offers will be rolling in. Nicky x thanks for hosting #KCACOLS
Agent spitback says
Wow, those are awesome stats! What an achievement for 7 months – well done! It’s always good to list down our goals and I can see that you will be up for another great year! I am hesitant about putting mine on paper but I know I should! Thanks for hosting #KCACOLS! I look forward to getting to know you and your blog better!
lizzie ( firstooth ) says
These are fab goals and I think they’re easily eachievable, you’ve already done brilliantly in you 7 months of blogging I reckon 2016 could be the big year. A lot of your goals I share so fingers crossed to us both! #kcacols x
Nadia - ScandiMummy says
Franca, you are such an inspiration! I’m in awe of what you have achieved in such a short time. I think I’ll take my lead from you and write a similar post. I’m not one for resolutions, but I do like the idea of goal and progress. I wish you all the best for 2016 and I’m sure you’ll reach most if not all of these by the end of the year and I can’t wait to follow it all. Thank you again for hosting a fab linky #KCACOLS
Nadia – ScandiMummy x
Martin - At Home With The Boys says
As like most people, I was a little surprised to read that you’ve only been blogging for seven months! All things considered, I think your stats are good for where you are now.
I’m glad you’ve used the word ‘goals’ and not ‘resolutions’. Goals are more realistic to achieve, and if you miss a day, well, you haven’t really!
Good luck with your goals, and I wish you all the best in 2016. I hope it goes well for you.
tracey bowden says
I didn’t realise you hadn’t been blogging that long or that #KCACOLS is only about 8 weeks too I love it!. I think you have some great goals for your blog, I have similar too however you are doing really well (better than me after 2 years!) I look forward to watching you grow your blog more and more this year #KCACOLS
Mummy and the Mexicans says
Good luck with all your goals! Blogging-wise, it’s amazing how much you’ve already achieved in such a short time, so I’m sure you have the motivation to see your goals through! I still have a long way to go with my blog but I need to dedicate more time to it. I’m also in the middle of writing a similar type of post of goals for the new year, while keeping away from the word “resolution”! Thanks for hosting #kcacols
What a fab idea, setting yourself goals and writing them out, makes them seem more achievable and definite, may have to get me a little list on the go. Good luck with them I hope to see a post in December about how you achieved them #KCACOLS
Mommy's Little Princesses says
These are all such fabulous goals honey. I was totally blown away when I read that you’ve only been blogging for 7 months hon. You’re such a natural and have already achieved so much, you must be really proud. Xx #KCACOLS
becca farrelly says
I haven’t made goals before but all of yours seem achievable! I think mine would have to be similar as I too would like to ‘shape up’ a bit and also grow my social media followers. I have also looked into earning an income from my blogging but iam not there yet in terms of followers and subscribers! Good Luck with your goals 🙂