Hola chicos, first of all I would like to say Happy New Year 2016!! I really hope that all of you lovely people had a great 2015 and I wish you a fantastic year 2016. I have never really written down a list of the goals that I would like to achieve in the new year before. This year I thought that it could be interesting to do this, which will help me to stay focused during the year and I will also be able to check back at the end of year to see if I have achieved any of my goals.
I would like to do a list of my personal goals first and then I would like to do a list of my blogging goals. I have been blogging since May last year so I didn’t have the chance to do my goals last year so this is a first for 2016.
1. Losing Weight: this is so ironic as before I was pregnant with Sienna I lost 13 kilos trying to be in perfect condition to conceive. During the whole pregnancy I had a perfect healthy weight, which I never went over. The first 3 months after giving birth I lost very quickly the baby weight but then I don’t know why or what happened but I slowly started to gain weight and it has been that way until now so I have stupidily gained back all the 13 kilos that I had lost previously. This really annoys me as I kept a good healthy weight for a while. This year I want to definitely get back to my pre pregnancy weight and start feeling myself again.
2. Do more exercise: I was also walking a lot and doing about 4 laps around the park. I stopped this half way through my pregnancy and I haven’t had the time or the energy to go back to it, so this year I would like to do this again. Sienna is starting nursery in February which is located inside the park so I’m planning to take her to the nursery walking and then do my 4 laps. I’ll also do another walk when I pick her up. I have to admit that I have been guilty of my own comfort and laziness as I was picking up Bella from school in the car when her school is just walking distance from us although the problem is also that the weather in this country is not very helpful as there are much more rainy days than dry days. This time I will do my best to stick to the walking.
3. Organise my chores: I need to have a plan of my chores for the week. Each day I should be doing one different thing during certain hours.
4. As soon as I wake up, get a a shower and change: this is something that I would like to do every day as I need to get advantage of when Nick is still at home in the morning as as soon as he leaves I have Sienna with me all the time and I can’t do this until I put her to sleep for her nap so I can gain time doing this.
5. Do a couple of family holidays: I hope we can get away for at least a couple of times this year and enjoy some quality time together as a family.
6. Other Goals: It would be nice to change our car and move to a bigger house if possible. We’re not sure at this stage as there is a lot to work out and consider so I’m putting these under ‘Other Goals’ for now.
1. Earn from my blog: I would love to be able to have my blog as my main way of income. At the moment I’m starting to get some sponsored posts and other paid opportunities so I would like to improve that even more.
2. Grow my social media reach: At the moment I have a social media reach of almost 9k which is good after blogging for 7 months. This is combining twitter, facebook, instagram, pinterest, youtube, bloglovin and email subscriptions. My strongest social media is twitter with more than 4k followers, then instagram and facebook with more than 1k followers each. My Youtube is doing well with more than 800 followers. I would love if I can double the amount of all my social media combined by the end of this year. It feels like a tough challenge. Fingers crossed it goes well.
3. Improve my stats: At the moment my monthly views are more than 9k and I have more than 3k users. I would love to double this to about 18k per month. Will this be unrealistic? I guess I will only know at the end of the year. My Klout is 70 at the moment but fluctuates between 68 and 70. I would love to get more than 70 if possible. My DA at the moment is 28 and I really would like to have it above 30 if possible. I hope I can manage to achieve this.
4. Be more organised: this is something that I really need to crack as without having things organised I won’t be able to succeed. I need to get a weekly plan.
5. Get my blog income and expenses in order: I want to earn a living from my blog so I guess at some point I will need to get this sorted so I’m preparing a spreadsheet to get everything that I have done organised.
6. Grow my linky: for those who don’t know I run a linky calls #KCACOLS (Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sundays) which it has been on for about 8 weeks. It is my first linky and I have been so grateful to have lovely people who want to join in and also come back every week. I love that this is now becoming a little community. I would like to grow this more.
7. Join more linkies: I would like to set aside some time to join other linkies more. It is not easy for me at the moment having my own linky but at least I would like to stick with 3 per week if possible. The ideal scenario will be to join one linky per day. I would try to do that.
8. Guest posts: I would like to do this both ways. I mean I would like to have guest posts in somebody else’s blog and I would like to have guest posts in my blog. I would need to do some thinking about having a series theme for that.
9. GET A BALANCE LIFE: this is the most important goal as it combines everything (personal and blogging goals). I really want to get some time off blogging during the year to relax and recharge batteries. I have recently published a post about Time to Disconnect and I’m seriously thinking that I need to disconnect more often this year.
So these are my goals for this year. Let’s see how it goes. Fingers crossed it turns out a good year. Wish me luck! 😉
Have you done a list of goals for this year? If yes what are your goals for 2016? Please leave a comment as I would love to read what your goals are.
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Linking up with: