We have reviewed Drumond Park games before. They are lots of fun. Last time we reviewed Gassy The Cow which is a game that revolves around Whether Gassy The Cow Will Mooo or Pooo, LOL! This time we received Wally The Washer which is a whacky new washing machine game. My girls love watching the clothes spinning around in our washing machine at home, so now they can have their own toy version! 😉 Also, the lovely people from Drumond Park have offered a GIVEAWAY to send one of my readers a Wally The Washer table-top game, so please check the details about this giveaway at the bottom of the post.
This is a new game for Autumn which will be great for the rainy and cold days where we have to stay indoors so now we can have another fun game to play at home with the girls. It has been developed exclusively for little ones.
Wally (the cool washing machine toy) spins just like the real thing, then spills out his washing, so then you will have to race to collect their coloured clothes. The first to fill their washing line wins.
AIM OF THE GAME
“Stop Wally spinning and grab your clothes as they tumble out”
The aim of the game is for the first player to hang all 5 pieces of their clothes on their washing line is the winner of the game!
It is very easy and simple to play which sometimes is just what you need when you are with little kids. Simple but fun! You don’t want complicated games that will take ages to explain, am I right?
Watch out for the dirty old sock! If it tumbles out with the washing on your turn, you must put all the clothes back and wear the giant clothes peg on your nose, until the next time the dirty sock appears.
The box contains the following items:
- 1x Wally The Washer
- 1x Giant Clothes Peg
- 1x Dirty Sock
- 1x Sticker sheet
- 5x Clothes pieces: each in red, green, blue and yellow
- 1x Washing line & poles: in red, green and yellow
- 1x Instruction Sheet
SETTING UP THE GAME
It is very easy to set up this game. The washing machine will need 3x AAA batteries which are not included so please bear this in mind when you get this game to avoid disappointed faces when opening the box to realise that they cannot play straight away.
You put the batteries into the bottom of the unit and then getting the stickers out of their sheet and stick them in the correct places. Finally, you load all the clothes and the dirty sock into the drum and close the door. Each player decides what colour of clothes they are going to collect and takes a washing line and a pair of poles of the colour they have selected. you can choose between red, yellow, blue or green.
Then Wally is placed within easy reach of everyone, his switch is turned on and his drum starts spinning away.
After inserting the batteries, the washing machine was ready and we were able to start our first round. We all got a washing line & poles. Bella chose red, Sienna chose yellow, daddy chose blue and I chose green.
Each player in turn then has a go at stopping Wally whirling – and as the contents of his drum tumble out, one of the following things will happen:
• Only clothes fall out of Wally: Each player picks up their own coloured clothes and quickly hangs them up on their washing line.
• Clothes and the DIRTY SOCK fall out: Any clothes that fell out at the same time as the sock must be put back into Wally’s drum. The player who stopped Wally spinning then takes the giant clothes peg from the player who is currently wearing it and puts it on their own nose – and keeps wearing it until the next time the dirty sock pops out!
• Nothing falls out of Wally: The player’s turn is finished.
Each game ends when one of the players has hung all their coloured clothing on their washing line – and is declared THE WINNER!
Both girls got the dirty sock so we both had to put the giant clothes peg on their noses. It was fun to watch, LOL! The girls found it hilarious to see the washing machine tumbling out the clothes! And also pressing the soap button was something they loved pressing a lot even when it wasn’t their turn!
PRICE & WHERE TO BUY
Wally the Washer table-top game has an RRP of £24.99 and it is perfect for kids aged 4 years old and over. You can buy this game at all good toy retailers such as Argos, Smyths, Toys R Us or Amazon.
As I mentioned above Wally the Washer is very easy and simple to play but it is a lot of fun for the kids. The girls enjoyed it and had a great time. It is also great to help little ones to learn simple colours and basic counting. Sienna also loves playing with Wally as a toy on its own. It was fun for her to watch it spinning. This is, of course, a bonus for a game!
I am sure, this game will be very popular around Christmas! For more information and stockists please visit www.drumondpark.com.
Now onto the giveaway. I am running a giveaway so that one of you can Win A Wally The Washer. In order to have a chance of winning, you just need to enter the giveaway below. Good luck!
*Terms & Conditions:
- Open to UK & Ireland residents only.
- UK entrants over the age of 18 only.
- You can Win A Wally The Washer
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 7 days of when the competition ends. If they do not respond within 10 days once notification is sent, another winner may be chosen.
- All times are GMT.
- There is no cash alternative.
- This set will be provided by Drumond Park
- Please allow 14 days for delivery.
- Incomplete or duplicate entries will be deleted.
- Entrants must leave a means of contact: either twitter handle or email address.
- By entering the prize draw, entrants are sending their personal information to Drumond Park who will at all times process an entrant’s personal data in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998, The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as other applicable laws.
- This Giveaway starts on Tuesday 6th November 2018 at midnight.
- This Giveaway closes on Tuesday 27th November 2018 at midnight.
Have you played Drumond Park games before? What do you think of the Wally The Washer game? Will this be an option for your Christmas Gift list perhaps?
*Disclosure: I received a Wally The Washer game for the purpose of this review. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I had also the opportunity to give one Wally The Washer game to one of my readers. Contains an affiliate link.
Have a look at all my other GIVEAWAYS
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Linking up with: