There are many beneficial reasons to have an Instant Pot in your kitchen. This appliance drastically reduces how long it takes to cook most foods in the oven or on the stove. Because of its short cooking time, Instant Pots are popular among those without lots of spare time to cook.
*Disclosure: Guest Post
With shorter cooking times, you’re using less energy and reducing your monthly bills. In that aspect, cooking regularly with an Instant Pot might help you save a little money. Other benefits of using an Instant Pot are that your food still retains its taste and nutrients.
But, before you can get started using this appliance, it’s good to learn a few easy recipes. These are the best Instant Pot recipes for those who want something delicious and easy.
Easy Instant Pot Recipes
1. Cinnamon Banana Oatmeal
Who doesn’t love a delicious bowl of steamy, hot oatmeal in the morning? Not only is this meal part of a delicious and healthy lifestyle, but it’s also fun to make it your own. If you want an easy way to enjoy this hearty dish, here’s a great recipe for Instant Pot cinnamon banana oatmeal.
- Milk – 1 cup
- Bananas – 2 (sliced)
- Brown sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Cinnamon – 2 teaspoons
- Water – 1 cup
- Rolled oats – 1 cup
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Line your Instant Pot’s inner pan with cooking spray.
- Add your oats, milk, and water into the inner pan.
- Slice up one banana and add it in, along with your brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir everything lightly.
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- After the timer sounds, do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Do a quick release to safely remove all of the remaining steam.
- Slice up your second banana.
- Serve your oatmeal with a garnish of sliced bananas.
2. French Toast
Dating back to the 4th century, french toast remains a popular dish. Fortunately, you don’t need to spend lots of time cooking homemade french toast the old-fashioned way. Instead, grab a few ingredients and try this Instant Pot french toast recipe.
Also, feel free to experiment with this dish by adding in a few of your favourite ingredients. A few popular french toast toppings are raspberries, blueberries, and shredded coconut. If you’re feeling a little adventurous, you can even top your french toast with Nutella and bacon!
- French bread – 4 cups, cut into cubes and preferably dried overnight
- Eggs – 3
- Milk – ¾ cup
- Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Brown sugar – ¼ cup
- Cinnamon – 2 tsp
- Cooking spray
- Pour your whisked eggs, milk, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla into a baking dish.
- Add in your dried bread cubes, soak them in your dish for 10 minutes. Make sure all of your bread cubes are fully coated.
Place 1 cup of water in your Instant Pot and place your metal trivet inside of it.
Carefully place your filled baking dish in the Instant Pot, covering it with foil.
Set your Instant Pot’s lid to seal, cook on high for 40 minutes.
Quick-release the steam from your Instant Pot after its timer sounds.
Remove your dish with oven mitts; it will be hot.
Serve with your choice of toppings and syrups.
3. Mac and Cheese
When it comes to comfort food, there’s almost nothing better than macaroni and cheese. But most busy adults don’t either have the time or patience to stand around waiting for water to boil. Fear not, you can make delicious mac and cheese in an Instant Pot. Best of all, this dish will be ready in about 5 minutes.
Plus, this homemade version of macaroni and cheese is way better than what you get out of that famous blue box.
- Uncooked elbow pasta – 1 pound
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Water – 4 cups
- Butter – 3 tbsp, sliced
- Whole milk – ½ cup
- Shredded Cheese – 2 ½ cups
- Add water, salt, and pasta into your Instant Pot.
- Cook on manual for 4 minutes.
- Carefully quick-release your steam after the timer sounds to prevent overcooked noodles.
- Open your Instant Pot’s lid, stirring in your sliced butter and cheese.
- Add in your milk a few tablespoons at a time, mixing to your desired consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!
4. Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
As you know, there are many delicious varieties of rice. Whether prepared as a side or main dish, jasmine rice is popular for its floral and nutty notes. Jasmine rice’s slightly sticky texture also gives it an appealing mouthfeel.
However, as many people can tell you, manually cooking rice isn’t always easy. If you’re looking for an easier way to enjoy this popular food, check out this recipe for jasmine rice in an Instant Pot. This recipe only takes four ingredients and is ready in about five minutes.
- Jasmine rice – 3 cups, uncooked
- Water – 3 cups
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Thoroughly rinse your rice.
- Add in water, salt, oil, and rice to your Instant Pot’s inner pan.
- Set valve to seal, cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Let steam naturally release for 10 minutes after the timer sounds.
- Do a quick pressure release to get rid of the remaining steam.
- Lightly mix your rice with a fork and serve.
There you have it, four incredibly easy Instant Pot recipes. The next time you’re hungry and want to make something easy, try one of these recipes for yourself. For more inspiration, make sure to check out Corriecooks Instant Pot recipes.
What do you think of these recipes? Which one would you try?
*Disclosure: Guest Post
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Linking up with: