This is a guest post written by my lovely friend Maria from Suburban Mum called “Easy Mushroom, Asparagus and Bacon Risotto Recipe”. I’m sure most of you will find this recipe delicious and super easy and quick to do. If you would like to know more about Maria, please scroll down to the bottom of this post where you can find her details, under “About the Author“.
Like Franca, I’ve been on a bit of a healthy kick recently and we have both been using Slim Fast to aid weight loss. I find it really easy to follow and I can have a shake or a bar for either breakfast or lunch and then a low 600 calorie meal for dinner.
I was a bit sceptical with cooking some of the recipes from the Slim Fast website to begin with but all the meals we have cooked so far have been relatively easy to cook and taste delicious!
I thought I would share with you today, one of my most favourite Slim Fast recipes. It’s perfect for me to cook on a weeknight as it takes less than 25 minutes to prepare and cook!
Mushroom, asparagus and bacon risotto
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 200g mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 80g bacon, chopped (we omitted this, this time as we ran out of bacon!)
- 1 ½ bags of brown basmati rice (either Tilda or Uncle Bens)
- 200g asparagus
- 80g half fat creme fraiche
- 50g grated parmesan
How to cook:
1. Pop the olive oil in a pan and brown the onions, mushroom and bacon. Add in the garlic
2. Once soft, add 100ml of water
3. Chop asparagus into 2-inch pieces and add to the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes
4. Pop the Tilda/Uncle Bens brown rice into the microwave
5. Take the pan off the heat and add in the rice, the parmesan and the creme fraiche
6. Serve and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Linking up with: