Carpeted flooring must be properly taken care of by ordering a professional carpet cleaning service once a year. Carpets used in offices need to be professionally cleaned 2-3 times a year because they are subjected to serious operational stresses every day.
AD: Paid Collaboration
In this blog post, we will talk about how to quickly clean the carpet at home with the help of available tools to create a healthier home environment.
Carpet Cleaning Recommendations
During carpet cleaning in Wandsworth, it is worth paying attention to the composition of the material. It can be made from natural or synthetic fibres, there are combined options. You must remember that products with a jute base or pile made from natural wool are not recommended for steam carpet cleaning. Carpets made from nylon, polyester and other synthetic fibres are more resistant to moisture. Be sure to read the care instructions that can be found on the label (applied to the product) or on the manufacturer’s website.
Speaking about effective domestic carpet cleaning methods, we have to mention the basic rules for caring for the material:
- In flats and private houses, the carpet has to be vacuumed cleaned 1-2 times a week, in offices – daily. The vacuum cleaner will help you remove sand and other small debris that has settled in the pile;
- Office employees can use replacement shoes; at home, do not neglect slippers. This approach will reduce the rate of occurrence of contamination;
- During carpet cleaning, do not use hard brushes and aggressive household chemicals. When removing stains, you need to perform circular movements from the edges to the centre, it is better not to wipe the stains against the direction of the pile;
- It is better to get rid of stains on the carpet right away. You can wipe the contaminated area with soapy water, or cover with baking soda. The latter cannot be combined with vinegar, because as a result of a chemical reaction, water and sodium acetate are released, which will not help wash the stain;
- If there are pets in the house, it is recommended to comb them out regularly. Wash your dogs’ paws immediately after a walk;
- Monitor the humidity level in the room. High humidity leads to accelerated wear of the material, which can lead to the appearance of fungus. Use household air dryers, ventilate the room 1-2 times a day.
When choosing a carpet, consider the place where it will be laid. In places with high traffic, it is better to lay material painted in a dark colour. In bedrooms, offices, dressing rooms, you can use a light-coloured carpet. After performing carpet steam cleaning, it is necessary to ventilate the room well. Do not walk on the coating until it is completely dry.
How to Clean the Carpet with Baking Soda?
Soda is a good absorbent with a mild effect. Soda does not adversely affect the quality of the coating and does not lead to fading. Most often, this substance is used to combat unpleasant odours:
- You need to dry clean the carpet with a vacuum cleaner;
- After cleaning, the carpet must be covered with a layer of soda;
- The substance should be left for 10-12 hours;
- The absorbent can be removed with a vacuum cleaner.
Soda can be used dry, as well as in the form of pastes and solutions. To combat stubborn dirt, use a strong solution of 2-3 litres of water and ½ part of a glass of soda. The solution is poured into a spray bottle, applied to the coating, left for 30-40 minutes, and then removed with a vacuum cleaner. The use of soda helps to remove stubborn stains, freshen the pile, and get rid of unpleasant odours and grease.
How to Clean the Carpet with Vinegar?
Please note that vinegar can be substituted for soda, but these substances cannot be mixed. In addition, you should not combine vinegar with bleach and hydrogen peroxide, because such solutions lead to the formation of harmful gases and acids that can cause coughing, dry skin and other unpleasant symptoms. Vinegar can be applied undiluted, but it is best to use a solution made from one part vinegar and two parts water. The solution must be sprayed onto the contaminated area, after 2-3 minutes it can be removed with a damp sponge.
Soda, vinegar and other similar products are only suitable for domestic carpet cleaning. If you are looking for effective carpet cleaning for your office, then it is worth checking out available carpet cleaning services in your area. Experienced cleaners will determine the composition of the coating, and will remove not only stains but also dust mites and small debris.
How often do you clean your carpets?
*Disclosure: Paid Collaboration
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
[do_widget id=”text-12″ title=false]
[do_widget id=”text-11″ title=false]
Linking up with: