I love music and I love gadgets so what could be better than mixing two of the things I love for this particular blog post? Well, we were recently sent a ROXI from Electric Jukebox to review. ROXI combines 5 music products into 1 clever device that you connect to your TV. Before I go into more detail about the company behind ROXI and how it works.
Roxi Electric Jukebox Review
Electric Jukebox, the company behind ROXI, believe that children spend far too much time isolated, connected to devices, listening to music on headphones or hooked on social media. Personal tech, they say, is driving families apart rather than connecting them. And so here lies their mission, “to bring families together through fun shared experiences enabled by music technology products, content & experiences”. They want their technology to get families “singing, dancing, listening and chilling together”. With this in mind, they design music products, content & experiences that create shared music entertainment experiences for the family home.
So then to the ROXI Electric Jukebox – it offers five music entertainment products in one box and aims to be the ultimate music entertainment product for the home, streaming unlimited music and radio stations. As well as that you can singalong karaoke-style to thousands of original tracks and duet with the artists, play music trivia games, listen to therapeutic sounds and more. To get started, all you need to do is plug ROXI into your TV and then use the voice activated controller to search, listen, sing and play together.
In the box is a ROXI wireless controller, ROXI TV hub, controller charger cable, power adapter, HDMI cable and a 1 year premium music pass! The wireless controller is also a microphone. It automatically pairs with the TV and uses motion control so that the cursor on the TV moves when you move the controller.
• Plug into power, TV’s HDMI, external speaker (if you have one)
• Connect to Wi-Fi or plug into Ethernet
• Switch your TV on and select the right HDMI source
• If you have a smart TV select GAME mode
• Press OK on the controller, it will buzz
• Tap in your Wi-Fi password
• That’s it!
Before covering the features, one of the standout functions is the voice search capability via the controller. To do a voice search, press the microphone button, wait for the on-screen prompt and then say the artist, album or song you want. Then from the search results, select the artist, album or song you want. This was really useful and much more practical than having to type your search.
- Unlimited Music – With ROXI you get a 1 Year Premium Pass for Unlimited Music included which is activated when you first set up the box. The unlimited music pass means you can access millions of songs on demand, or choose from hundreds of curated playlists for every mood, genre, decade or activity. After the pass expires after a year, it can be renewed for £52.
- Karaoke – A feature called “Sing With The Stars” allows you and your family to sing along with your favourite artists and their hits. Note that you are singing along with the artist and not by yourself. The ROXI controller doubles as a microphone so if you fancy a sing song, your ready to go straightaway! It’s a lot of fun singing along with the lyrics displayed on screen. It’s also worth pointing out the Family Protect option, which blocks explicit lyrics and content.
- Music Quiz – Test your music knowledge against friends and family with the “Name That Tune” feature. Choose your genre or decade, and score points by picking the correct track that’s playing from four possible choices. This is a lot of fun and definitely adds an interactive and social element to enjoying the music.
- Radio – The “Worldwide Radio” feature gives you access to thousands of radio stations from all over the world. With such a large choice, you can be sure to find something to suit your mood.
- Relaxing Sounds – The final ROXI feature is something a little different, called “Sound Machine”. It lets you play a range of therapeutic audio sounds that are perfect for relaxing or meditating.
ROXI IN ACTION
To have a better idea of how ROXI works, you can see it in action in the promotional video below:
The ROXI electric jukebox is a great alternative to existing music streaming services. It’s more practical in that it brings music streaming to the living room for the whole family to enjoy. Voice search also simplifies the process of searching and make it very easy to use. The game and karaoke functions embrace the social aspects further. We certainly had a lot of fun playing and singing together.
A couple of things we noticed was that the mic wasn’t as loud as a normal mic but you don’t need it to be that loud anyway. However you should use the side of the moc to talk rather than the top as this seems better. Also to make the most ot this device its better if you have a sound bar or dedicated speakers connected to your TV as it will give a much better sound. Overrall its a fun device which we think would be particularly great around Christmas or at social family gatherings at home.
Do you like singing at home? Do have any karaoke system at home? Will a streaming music system be something you enjoy having? What do you think of the Roxi Electric Jukebox?
*Disclosure: We received a Roxi Electric Jukebox for the purpose of this blog post. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️