I know this is not a topic we like to discuss much. Most women feel embarrassed to even discuss any subject related to their intimate parts but I think this is an important subject and we need to start talking about it so we know better about our female intimate health. That is why I agreed when Canesten asked me to take part in their Myth Buster Campaign, as I really want to help other women to feel confident and happy to talk about their intimate health. Women shouldn’t feel it is a taboo topic and they should discuss it as naturally as possible.
Also, I have great news because I am running another fab GIVEAWAY thanks to Canesten for one of my lovely readers to win A £50 Amazon Voucher. If you would like to find out more, check the details at the bottom of this post.
Canesten is is the number one brand in the Women’s Intimate Health category, offering solutions for all common intimate conditions, as well as, everyday intimate care products. Its market position provides the opportunity to educate women on intimate health matters whilst enabling them to self-diagnose and self-treat knowledgeably and with confidence.
TALKING ABOUT INTIMATE HEALTH
Have you heard about thrush or Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) before? Do you know what they are? Have you been through this before and perhaps you didn’t know which one you had it? It is so important to learn more about their differences so then we know how to treat them.
I personally have been through both and I had to learn about it myself and I felt so embarrassed about it the first time. But the truth is that I shouldn’t have felt like that because these things happen. We just need to learn more about it so we then know what to do. The first thing I did was to get a GP appointment to discuss my symptoms. But do you know that now you don’t even need to do this because Canesten has a page dedicated fully to understanding the symptoms of each of them so we can choose which one to treat? They even have a test for you to take so you can confirm your symptoms. I thought this was fantastic!
MYTH BUSTER CAMPAIGN
Canesten are striving to promote a more confident approach to feminine intimate health and therefore empower women to make the right choices for their body. They are committed to helping women by offering them healthcare products and knowledge, so then women can keep in control of their intimate health.
If women know more about their intimate health, they will be better equipped to make the right health decisions. So, if women are more willing to speak openly, this can help them to be more confident and comfortable in their own bodies and happier overall.
WHAT IS BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS (BV)?
BV is the most common cause of vaginal infections in women of childbearing age, however, women are still confused between this and thrush.
Over 75% of women will suffer from thrush at least once in their life, whilst sufferers of BV may not have even heard of the condition itself. Bacterial vaginosis (known as BV) is caused by the presence of certain bacteria which leads to a pH imbalance in your vagina. Your vagina is normally acidic, which helps prevent bad bacteria from growing and maintains the level of good bacteria. If this pH balance becomes less acidic, it can affect the environment of your vagina, which in turn can lead to the development of BV. Most people experience symptoms of BV such as unpleasant odour, watery discharge, greyish white looking discharge.
MYTH BUSTERING QUIZ
Canesten has created a quiz which has been specifically designed to equip women with the right information and to help improve their confidence; with the end result aiming for a more body positive approach to feminine hygiene, and empowering women to make the right choices for their body.
The quiz has six questions and they are aiming to measure how much you know about your intimate health. I have taken the quiz and I only got 1 out of 6. I thought I knew more about it but apparently, I didn’t! This shows you that sometimes you think you know more than what you actually do! I am glad I took the test because now I feel I have learnt more about my intimate health.
Now, I would like you to also take the test and find out how much do you know about your intimate health! If you do take the test (above), please share it with us and let us know your results!
Now onto the giveaway. I am running a giveaway so that one of you can WIN £50 Amazon Voucher. In order to have a chance of winning, you just need to enter the giveaway below and tell me in the comments section of this post “What have you learnt about your knowledge of intimate health?”. Good luck!
*Terms & Conditions:
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of A Moment With Franca and Bayer Plc
- There is 1 prize of one £50 Amazon voucher.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be informed within 14 days of the closing date and will need to respond with a postal address within 28 days or a new winner will be chosen
- All times are GMT.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered
- This set will be provided by Canesten
- This is a joint promotion between A Moment With Franca and Canesten
- The prize will be sent within 28 days of receiving the winner’s address
- Incomplete or duplicate entries will be deleted.
- Entrants must leave a means of contact: either twitter handle or email address.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries
- By entering the giveaway, you agree to your email address being collected and shared with Bayer Plc for promotional purposes. Your email address will NOT be shared with any third parties
- The winner’s name will be available on request
- This Giveaway starts on Wednesday 6th September 2017 at midnight.
- This Giveaway closes on Wednesday 27th September 2017 at midnight.
- Entry to this confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
*Disclaimer: This post has been supported by Canesten, but all thoughts are my own.
Have a look at all my other GIVEAWAYS
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Linking up with: