A concrete floor is an often overlooked flooring surface. Even though your current property may have concrete floors, they are probably hidden away under laminate or carpet or, in the case of the garage or outbuildings, under years of grime, cobwebs and oil patches.
Did you know that these concrete floors can be buffed and treated, becoming a high shine flooring finish? It may not look like it now but the concrete floor covered in grime can and will look simply amazing.
Concrete floors can add so much to your property, including upping its value and desirability. But why? And how?
Great return on your money
The first advantage of concrete floors, especially those existing in your property, is that for very little outlay – cleaning, buffing, polishing etc. – you could get a fantastic return. In other words, when prospective buyers walk into your property and see a high gloss floor, the first impression is wow! And hopefully, you will have an offer on the table to buy your property – at a decent price – within hours of the viewing.
Even if you choose to lay concrete floors in your home, it is still a cost effective flooring solution, especially if you are thinking of selling your property in the immediate future.
First impressions – creating the right ones
Selling any property, whether it is commercial or domestic, hinges on the first seven seconds of someone walking in to your property. The outside needs to be attractive but once they step foot in the door, the property has to ‘speak to them’, it has to feel right etc.
Senses are important and for many people, the biggest off-putting factor of any property is smell – smell of damp, smells of pets, smoking, cooking etc. all convey one message: this house is not as cared for as it should be.
As a result, sellers are advised to perform a deep clean and declutter in a bid to successfully and quickly sell their properties but residual smells can linger in soft furnishings with the biggest culprit of smells being carpets and rugs.
Rugs can, in some cases, be washed or dry cleaned. Although you can spend hours cleaning carpets, the smell never quite disappears.
But with concrete floors you have no such worries. All you need to do is vacuum or sweep, a mop over with warm water and a mild detergent and hey presto! NO smells and a high shine surface that many prospective buyers will love.
You can tell them how easy and great concrete is as a working surface
The other wow factor of concrete flooring is that it can look like anything but concrete.
In fact, when you tell prospective buyers that they are stood on a concrete floor, their reaction is one of surprise. You can then go on to tell them so many great facts about concrete as a flooring material, both in domestic and commercial settings:
- Easy to clean – no scrubbing, no weekly buffing or polishing sessions, no need for anything complicated to keep it looking stunning
- Change the look – you can also tell them that with the right local concrete flooring firm, it may be possible to change the look of the top layer with chemical treatments and polishing
- Robust and strong – concrete flooring is made to last the test of time, as well as anything that your family (or workforce and machinery in a commercial setting) can throw at it. Providing the mix is correct along with the installation (which it will be as you will have used a professional contractor), concrete floors will last a lifetime and beyond.
- Versatile – should there be a time when they want to lay carpet, all they need to do is lay the carpet. And that is it. They may then rediscover the concrete floor and buff it back to a shine and enjoy its cool surface under foot.
- Energy efficient – concrete has a conductivity that is slighter better than carpet so when the sun is shining in through the window, it will capture some of this heat and hold on to it and for some time too. In other words, this heat will the slowly radiate out from the concrete heating the room.
There are so many advantages to concrete floors that the list could go on and on. But, overall they look and feel great; they can be customised in a way that suits the interior of a property. They look dazzling with a wow factor that will attract many potential buyers and when your property is desirable, people want it and thus value increases.
Midland Concrete Floors have been creating robust concrete floors for both domestic and commercial properties for over 30 years. With so much to offer, it is no surprise that more people are opting for concrete floors – why not you?
Do you have concrete flooring? If yes, do you have them polished? What do you think about the possibility of increasing the value of your property with concrete flooring? Leave a comment below as I would love to read what you think.
*Disclosure: collaborative post
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Linking up with: