Hola chicos, Sienna is now 11 months old and getting more active and more aware of everything every day so she definitely needs much more entertainment to keep her happy.
Top row (from the picture above)
- Pop Up Ball Pit – this is the most fun thing that Sienna has. She loves getting inside the ball pit and playing with all the balls. She can be entertained for a fair amount of time there. She also loves throwing the balls out of it which seems so much fun for her but not so much fun for me 🙁
- Drum Set – this is so good. It is great as a sensory activity. She can stay playing with the instruments for a long time and I’m quite surprised at how good she is with the wind instruments. She blows them very, very well. I don’t remember Bella doing this at her age.
- Ball – Oh dear, Sienna loves to play with the ball. To be honest I didn’t think of buying one for her just yet but when you have an older child in the house, their toys tend to be all around too and Sienna just decided she wanted to play with Bella’s ball. It is actually now quite deflated but it is better that way because it is smaller and she can carry it every where. The other day I was surprised to see her actually kicking the ball. I thought that was a big achievement for a 11 month old baby!
- Zip Bag full of small toys – this is the easiest entertainment that you could have. Bella has a set of Peppa Pig toys as, like all the kids in the world it seems, she loves them. She keeps these toys in a corner in the living room and of course Sienna has discovered them and just goes and plays with them constantly. Therefore, what I have done is to put all the pieces in a large transparent zip bag so she can go straight to it and empty it. This is the most fun ever for her. She can spend a fair amount of time exploring all the little toys. Of course, we have to watch out with any small pieces, take them out to avoid any choking.
- Foldable box with small toys – Sienna has had this box of toys since she was 4 months old I think. These are small soft toys, some of which make noises. She used to empty the box all the time. Now gets the box from the shelf and throws it everywhere. This seems to be an entertaining for her as she tends to do this a lot!
- Big foldable box with bigger soft toys – Although it was always in the living room, Sienna has only recently paid attention to this box. She didn’t use to play with it as much but I realised that lately she goes to the box and starts taking the soft toys out and gives them a hug and then takes a couple of them in turns to different parts of the house. I haven’t seen her doing this before so it is amazing and so lovely to watch. She is so cute.
- Books – These books are for Bella although there are a few that are more for Sienna but most of them are for older children. For some reason though, Sienna just loves them or maybe she just loves making a mess with them, lol. She likes pulling them all from the shelf where they are kept onto the floor. She does this about 10,000 times a day! Unfortunately mummy here has to keep tidying them up every single time. You can see a picture of her doing this that I put in a post for Wicked Wednesday here.
- Books with sounds – This type of book is always a winner because they really get Sienna’s attention. She now knows how to turn the page or at least she manipulates them in such a way that the music plays.
- Pet toy with sound and movements – This toy is incredible. It moves in such a way that it looks like a real dog. It jumps, moves, begs, etc. Sienna can stare at it for ages! At the beginning she was a little bit concerned about it but now she just plays with it much more. It is such a cute toy and I really love it.
Well this is just a small example of what you can use to entertain your baby. I’m sure the list of toys or activities is endless. There is also so much you could do with a little bit of imagination but that is for another post.
What do you do to entertain your baby? What other toys have you used or what sort of activities have you done? It would be nice to make a list of everybody’s suggestions and tips so please leave your comment below as I would love to know what other tips you have.
Thanks for stopping by,
Love you all ❤️
Linking up with: